Monday, January 20, 2014

A Lazy Day

Well...here I am...having a lazy day.

The scale was back down to 280 this morning - glad it was down.  But I've been here repeatedly - I'd like to see 275 by the end of the month and it's not looking that way.  Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.  Anyway, that's what I'm working towards.

Neither hubby nor I had work today, so we slept in.  I woke up with a headache and neck pain, so I put a patch on my neck and took it easy most of the day.

Had a strawberry smoothie this morning and a piece of pork with guacamole at lunch.  Hubby thought it was a weird combination, but I liked it.  Hubby put a roast in the slow cooker this morning and let it cook all day.  When dinner was ready, I saw that he had also made biscuits and red mashed potatoes.  I was a little disheartened, even irritated that he cooked "white" food, but he's not the one on this road.  I didn't eat the biscuits and I actually measured a cup of mashed potatoes.  We'll see how this plays out tomorrow.  It was basically the only substantial amount of carbs I had today.


There's a big storm coming our way this evening.  I don't know if we'll have work tomorrow.  It would be nice to stay home another day..

Before today, I'd never heard of "resistant starch"; but I heard it mentioned twice today.  One was from Authority Nutrition and the other was Dr. Oz when I was channel surfing.  I'm not a big fan of Oz - I find his show to be a bit silly.  I need to read up and see what it's all about.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.