Friday, January 24, 2014

Finally - it's Friday!

Well...here I am...

Thankful that finally, it's Friday!

Which is strange when you consider that I had a 2 day work week due to the weather.  However, during a meeting this morning, I realized I have a migraine coming on.  They have a way of totally ruining your day, weekend, whatever. 

The scale was down this morning - I was pleased with that.  I'm going to continue to do the same thing as when the scale is moving in the other direction.  I think the graph gives me a more motivating visualization of my efforts.

Another good thing that happened today was that a co-worker asked me if I had recently had a peel.  She said my skin looked great. "Rosy" is the term she used.  Well that made my day!  And no, I haven't had a peel.

I did decide today that I was going to get a haircut.  In studying the monstrous photo I posted yesterday, I noticed that in addition to being dressed like a bum, but hair is doing NOTHING for me.  Well - I don't usually dress like that, but my hair DOES look like that.  I went through a ton of reviews on Google and Yelp and finally found a salon that has nothing but rave reviews for the stylists.  I've also decided that I'm going to get my hair cut on the short side.  I know fat women aren't supposed to have short hair, but there has to be some styles that look good on us more voluptuous types.

Hubby and I were running late today, so instead of making lunch we decided that we'd just go out to lunch.  Then on the way to work, I talked to my mom and she said that she was going to Bonefish Grill, so that made me want to go there.  So these things are exactly what we did!

Hubby decided he wanted to go to a Thai restaurant; I agreed, but thought, "Oh no!"  Thai places are full of noodles!  In any event, when we got to the restaurant, I went through the menu and finally had two options.  2 app orders of chicken satay with no sauce and a house salad or some lunch special with the veggies just steamed with chicken and a single order of chicken satay.  The waiter suggested the second option, which was the wrong option!  The chicken satay was nicely grilled and moist even without any sauce.  The steamed veggies were awful.  I kept telling myself that I was getting nutrition, but I also finally decided that I can ENJOY my nutrition and stay in CONTROL at the same time!

Dinner was a bit of a splurge, but not overly so.  We went to Bonefish.  We ordered the Bang Bang Shrimp.  It is fried, but the server checked and told me that an entire order only had 3 grams of sugar - so not bad.  We also got cups of their chowder and split a caesar salad.  For my entree, I had the chilean sea bass, asparagus, and sauteed garbanzo beans.  Everything was good, except the garbanzo beans - it's much better as hummus!  I was hubby's designated driver!  I'm not much of a drinker, though I do like the occasional glass of red wine.

In any event, I'm interested to see what the scale indicates tomorrow.  My body feels fine - not retaining water or anything, but there seems to be a pattern of the scale going up when I eat out.

I hope I'm able to head this migraine off at the pass, but I'm not sure.  I'm off to bed.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a migraine, they are horrid to deal with. I had a headache all day yesterday, not a migraine but an annoying headache that just wouldn't go away. Sounds like you made decent food choices, I hope the scale behaves for you. Great on the compliment about your skin, you go girl.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.