Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Settled

Well...here I am...getting settled.

It's been about 10 days or so since I started the journey....again.  And I'll say the same thing I've said every time I've started down this road - this time I'm gonna do it.

This time though I think I really will do it.  When I got on the scale this morning and saw that the scale as back up, my first thought was not to give up, but to stay on this track for another week and see if anything changes.  Then, I'll mix it up.  I've never had that thought before - by this time, I'm usually falling of the wagon.  But even that's different this time - there's no wagon to all off on.  All I'm doing is trying to see how my body is responding to various things.  Having said that, don't think for a minute that I also didn't think, "awww shit!"

One thing I've noticed is that the swelling in my hands and feet is much, MUCH less than usual almost to the point of being non-existent.  That's a good thing.  As a result, I'm much more aware when I take in too much sodium because I can feel it in my hands and feet - but not to the extent as before.  Another thing I noticed is how sweet Diet Coke is.  I rarely drink it, but I had one this evening and it was incredibly sweet - much sweeter than I remember.  I'm so glad I made the switch to unsweetened tea - the taste is so much more refreshing.  And I do love to drink.  If it were alcohol, I'd be a drunk for sure!

I joined fatsecret today and started formally tracking my food to get an idea of my nutrition.  Now that's TWO things I've commited to - writing and documenting....hmmmm.  Anyway, today I had 2100 calories, which according to fatsecret, is sufficient for me to lose 1 lb/week.  While my goal isn't to keep track of calories, it's to eliminate processed sugar and carbs.  On those two counts, I had 16.40 g and 24.39 g, respectively.  Still a little higher than what I think is optimal for me, but I'm okay with it for right now.

Onward...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.