Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Knew it was Going to Happen

Well...here I am...I knew it was going to happen.

I knew last night that the scale would be up this morning...and it was...3 pounds.  I know most of it is water weight...I mean...How can you gain 3 pounds in one day?  I guess you could, but it would be pretty damn hard.

When I woke up this morning, I felt it in my hands and feet and I had a headache - almost like a hangover.

But I am frustrated.  I listed my starting weight as 285 - it's probably closer to the 289 number of the previous, but who knows.  In a 2 weeks, I'm down less than 2 pounds...and I'm hung up on it today.  I will never get the weight off at this rate.  I've just got to stick with it.  The other thing that irritates me is that I don't have a thyroid and due to thyroid cancer, I stay hyperthyroid, so I should be thin.  What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!

Over the last two weeks, I've been good.  Last evening was the only 'setback' and it wasn't horrendous.  In trying to find an "excuse" for this, I wonder if eating out so much has a big impact on my efforts - even though I make good decisions when I do eat out.

I'm going to make a big effort this week to eat at home.  Perhaps this will help.  Besides, it will save money too!  Since I'm going to eat at home, I'm also going to more accurately track what I'm eating - I've been tracking, but it's been spotty - more as a check to make sure I'm maintaining the low sugar intake.

For breakfast this morning...late morning, I had an omelette with bacon, onions, mushrooms, and some cheese.  Low carb, no sugar.  I also had some coffee with cream - perhaps a tsp...and yes, it's a real tsp.

When I got hungry this afternoon, I made blueberry smoothie with my normal ingredients, except the blueberries replaced the strawberries.  The blueberries were whole blueberries with nothing else in it.  So there's some sugar from the blueberries, but it's not added sugar.  I also had 4 little mozzarella balls in herbed olive oil.


1 comment:

  1. Normally the body can go up and down around 5 pounds each day from what I've heard, it can vary for many reasons. That is why they suggest you do NOT weigh daily. I used to do it, it drove me nuts. I went to weighing once a week and did much better. I sometimes would sneak a peek on the scale during the week, I still do sometimes but mainly try to stick with the once a week weigh in. Maybe you should give it a try so the scale doesn't drive you nuts. Also honestly it's more about how you feel eating healthy, over the weight itself so if your eating healthy and feeling well then you are doing well. You can also take measurements and measure once a month to see inches lost. Sometimes you can lose fat but gain muscle and a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat but is slimmer so you can lose inches but not weight. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.