Monday, February 10, 2014

Having a crappy day

Well...here I am...

Having a crappy day.

I woke up this morning and felt terrible.  My throat is totally painful, my face hurts, and I have a terrible headache. Then, I step on the scale and it's UP!!!  What the eff is up with that???  It's just frustrating! My hair would not do what it's supposed to do and the traffic was a total bear.

And this was all before 8 am!!

So I get to work and give a co-worker a box of Turkish sweets that I had found.  She was quite sweet about it and offered me a piece.  It was very easy to pass it up; she understood and did not pressure me when I passed on the offer.  Success!

Two minutes later, another co-worker comes into her office and informs us that zucchini nut bread is in the secretary's office.  Okay - this is a little harder to pass up.  But I deal with it.

Fast forward to 4:30.  As I'm walking past the office, I notice there's just the heel of that stupid zucchini bread left.  Like a vulture, I swoop into the office and cut a 2x2 piece and eat it.

There's a lot of things wrong with this.  1)  If I had planned to have a piece of that stupid cake after lunch, that would have been okay; but I almost mindlessly did it.  2)  It wasn't even that good - mine is much better!

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Right now though, I just doesn't care.  I just want to feel better.

So after work, we go to CVS since I had run out of any medicine at home.  The sheer number of medicines at CVS boggled my mind, so I went to the pharmacist who proceeded to ask me about any medications I'm taking.  Well yeah, I take blood pressure medication.  She proceeds to tell me that I shouldn't be taking the the daytime medications because of the phenylephrine.  Well shit!

I think THAT explains that intense headache I got yesterday while I was working out!  Makes me feel better, but a little scared at the same time because that really was an intense sort of headache - like my head was going to explode.

So, I ended up with the night time medicine and some allergy medicine and pain reliever during the day.

This only means that I have yet another reason to get this weight off - to get off blood pressure medication so I won't have to worry about medicine interactions.

So yeah - I can't fall off the wagon.  I had a little detour today, but that's life.

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. I could totally picture myself doing the same thing with the zucchini bread... but you still get credit for the other times you said NO. I think that the No's still count for habit building strength, even if sometimes there is a Whoops, Yes or two along the way.

    And hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.