Saturday, February 15, 2014

Still alive

Well...here I am...

Still alive...barely

Wow though - it's been a tough couple of days.  We had a big ol' snowstorm and I had a relapse or something.  I finally went to the doctor today - seems I actually have a severe sinus infection along with some sort of allergy thing going on.  I'm on an antibiotic and some sort of nasal spray.  After just one of the antibiotic pills, I feel a bit better.

For the second time in two weeks, I've stayed in the bed for a couple of days - from Wednesday through this morning (Saturday).  I thought that if I got up, took a shower, and DID something, I'd feel better.

Well I didn't.  Hubby and I had to go do some errands today.  First stop was the bank and then on to the hardware store to get a new mailbox - snow plows plowed over ours.  While we were out, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  I had eggs, bacon, ham, and tomatoes.  Then it was off to the grocery store and liquor store.  On the way home, I just felt awful and all I wanted to do was go back to bed.

We didn't make the usual Costco run today - no need this week.  However, at the grocery store, I bought some Swerve sweetener.  10 bucks!  It was quite pricey, but there's a recipe I'd like to try when I feel better.  It's a recipe from a website I mentioned a few days ago.  Good thing I've written all this down, else I would have no idea how to go back and find it!  Yeah me.

After we got home, I was cleaning the kitchen and realized I needed to go to the doctor.  Hubby took me and sure enough, I've got a really bad sinus infection.  Who knew?!?!  Anyway...I've got meds, so I should be on the mend.  I do wish my face would stop draining though...

Okay - so where am I?  I haven't written anything in a few days because I felt like such total shit, but I did weigh every day, even though it was royally pissing me off.  I mean seriously, there was a damn five pound GAIN????  What's the effing deal with that?  It has started to come down, but still...

Well - in my misery I went back in my mind what I'd been doing.  And it points to one thing really - eating out.  We eat out so often because we work long hours and it's just convenient.  I've worked quite hard to make sure that I eat properly when we eat out - no bread, no sugar - meats and veggies only, but there's got to be something there.  I also think that the medicines I've been taking and the just generally feeling like crap have also led to some of the weight gain.

I hate to think that eating out often is the reason for my lack of weight loss, but I really can't think of any other thing at all.  I think I need to commit to not eating out for a while and see if I see a difference. With the exception of Cracker Barrel, we've eaten at home the last several days and the scale went down on the following day.  Okay, it's anecdotal, but it could be true!

I committed to exercising this week and I haven't done so, but I truly do have a good excuse.  The getting out and about today just about wore me out.  Hubby keeps shooing me off to bed to rest, but I am sleeping an awful lot.  But if I'm honest with myself, it doesn't bother me that I haven't exercised.  THAT in itself is a problem that needs to be fixed.  One thing at a time though.

I wish I had more interesting things to say, but I'm just plain ol' me.

Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.