Thursday, March 20, 2014

All's Quiet

Here I am...

...glad that all's quiet tonight.

It's been a long day today and I feel a migraine coming on.  YUCK.

I was really shocked this morning when I weighed and he scale was down again.  But hey, I'll take it. 

An article today at Authority Nutrition discussed the amount of protein you should have in your diet depending on your goals:  losing weight, increasing muscle mass, or maintaining weight.  It was quite an interesting article.  My average protein intake is a little over 28%, so I'm right in the middle of what they suggest for weight loss.

I also talked with a friend of mine who is also trying to figure her body out.  She's down 9 lbs!  I was so excited for her!  She's a good support and we've come to understand how to support each other, but still be independent in our efforts - meaning that we don't have to do what the other is doing to be successful.

One of my favorite bloggers, Crabby McSlacker*, has a giveaway going on for TWO books.  The first is Rick Hanson's Hardwiring Happiness; the second book is The Fit-Bottomed Girl's Anti-Diet by Jennipher Walters and Erin Whitehead.  Both books look pretty interesting to me.  If you think you'd like to enter the giveaway, read Crabby's blog at Cranky Fitness - it'll tell you what you need to do.  It's an interesting, funny, lively blog - always with a message - it really is one of my favs!

That's all I've got for today.  I have to get rid of this headache!

Onward!



*Crabby McSlacker is neither crabby nor a slacker.

8 comments:

  1. Onward and upward! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the headache? Glad your scale was down...it helps to see progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know I *still* have the headache, but it's getting better. Friday and early Saturday were just awful - laid up in bed awful.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for checking out my Weight Loss Blog Directory. I got you added. Love your blog! Will be catching up on your weight loss progress and all your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty!!! I loved your blog and the directory is a great resource!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on weight decrease but boo on the migraine! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BA!!! I agree - boo on the migraine!

      Delete

Leave your comments here.