Monday, April 7, 2014

Come Monday

Well...here I am...

...thinking about Jimmy Buffet's song, Come Monday.   I've always liked that song.  I guess it's appropriate being that it's Monday.  But more importantly, it has nothing to do with the topic of this blog post, which in itself only has a loosely defined topic to begin with!

Hubby's back and getting rested - still waiting for his luggage.  We slept in a little late this morning, but I made lunches before heading off to work.  Tuna salad.  I used to say 'tuna fish salad' and then realized that it was redundant since tuna is a fish.  Random thought there.

The scale was down some today, but nowhere near where it was just two days ago!!  Blast me!!!  *shaking fist at myself*.

I'd read that when some folks eat higher carbs than they're used to, they kinda go off the deep end with binging.  I don't feel like doing that at all - actually, it's pretty much like any other day.  I'm thinking this is a good thing.  On the other end, the 20/20 hindsight, of Saturday's "excursion", all I have is more resolve to continue forward and perhaps a better understanding of what my food boundaries are.  Don't get me wrong, they're not restrictive boundaries at all, but for right now, they're "limited" boundaries.  Like I said yesterday, I'm just not willing to have to re-lose 4-5 pounds, even if it is water-weight, over a meal.

I was telling hubby all these thoughts today.  We're always making stupid teenage comments to each other, but today was just funny.  Today I was asking him if he ever thought that he'd have a wife that was close to 300 lbs.  He said, 'no'.  I asked, "Did you still love me when I was that big?"  He said, "Yes."  THEN, I asked, "Do you love me more now that I'm losing weight?"

DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID???

He said, "I have more love per square inch now that there's less of you."  He continued on to say that his "love density" was higher.  He is so crazy.  It's his way of saying he loves me the same.  It must be the engineer in him that takes the long way around.  Sort of a Rube Goldberg with words.

Dinner tonight was a new experience.  Here's a picture:


Lime chicken with capers (we didn't have lemon), sauteed spinach, and spaghetti squash.  If you look at the piece of chicken on the right, you'll see it has a cut through it.  Hubster cooked dinner and directly after he saw me cut the chicken, he said, "Aren't you going to take a picture?"  He even took the picture!  I think he wanted me to post a picture of the dinner he prepared!

Anyway, we'd never had spaghetti squash before and it was AWESOME!  I loved it!  It will be a regular item from now on.  My new favorite vegetable until the next new one comes along!  We are really getting in the grove of having a variety of vegetables at dinner and experimenting with some that we've not had before.  I still don't think hubster is willing to give brussels sprouts a fair chance.

In reading some of the blogs I follow today, I came across Jane's blog at Keeping the Pounds Off.  She wrote an awesome post entitled, Practice doesn't make Perfect, It Makes BetterIt's excellent food for thought.

Onward!

10 comments:

  1. I love Hubsters sense of humor, not to mention, I love that he cooks for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I sense a fancy, freshly cleaned house???

      Delete
  2. What a wise man your husband is. :) My husband has mentioned that it's difficult sometimes for him to comment on my weight gain or loss...because he's afraid that it will be misconstrued and I will feel like he didn't love me as much at the higher weight/lower weight. He says it's a damned if he does and damned if he doesn't situation. LOL Your husband handled that with great aplomb! (and don't you love that word....aplomb!)

    As for tuna fish...I've always wondered why people said tuna fish together. haa haa haa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryFran - My husband is similar. But it seems that he sees the difference in my intentions and somehow feels more free to be light-hearted about it.

      I love the word "aplomb" too. But I always imagine writing with aplomb with a pen with a feather at the end. Weird.

      Delete
  3. Your husband is VERY quick on his feet. LOL!

    I don't binge from carbs per se....grains don't get me, but sugar still does. We each have our own demons, I guess. Funny, because I used to be a grain addict.

    I still haven't tried spaghetti squash. DUR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a great sense of humor and always has a smart-assy comeback!!!

      I don't really know what I binge on. For me, I think I just like food and I just overload because it all tastes good to me. I think keeping the sugar low helps me a lot. Sometimes, I want bread, but not for bread's sake, but for it's convenience.

      You GOTTA try the spaghetti squash!!!

      Delete
  4. I love spaghetti squash too. But, right now I'm crazy about roasted cauliflower...like crazy about it.

    He sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diva - you've gotta give me a cauliflower recipe!!! I tried the faked mashed potatoes with cauliflower...and it sucked!

      He is a keeper...we match each other in crazy.

      Delete
  5. Ahh... the dreaded Spaghetti squash! I haven't stepped into different food groups yet! I'm scared! LOL And also its so expensive and what if I don't like it?!!! Yours looks good, maybe you've tempted me to step to the other side!
    My husband married me heavy. When I started doing this, he thought I would make it a day or two, when it went into a month he started to get a little scared. He is not "into" skinny women. So the questions started to come along, "just how skinny are you going to get?" "Will you still want to be married to me?" and so on! Trying to convince the guy has been harder than to diet! LOL But as I'm losing and do a little fashion show on new things I can now fit into, he is liking it more and more! MEN!!! Love your husbands way with words~ and it has to make you feel pretty special!!!

    Have a great week ahead and may the scale be on your side!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie - Ya gotta try the spaghetti squash. It was *really* good. I mean - I liked it so much, I'm tempted to go buy another one before the week is out!

      You're right....MEN!

      Delete

Leave your comments here.