Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My pants

Well...here I am...

...thinking about my pants.

But first, the scale was down this morning.  It looks like I may have broken through a mini-plateau.  I think I may have been eating too much protein.  Then again, it could just be the fact that I haven't been eating out - it's been five days!

So, I'm getting dressed this morning and I put on the next lower size.  They fit perfectly.  They were a little loose in the leg and fit at the waist; they were even comfortable at the end of the day.  So I think I can officially say that I'm down from a 22 to a 20.

My problem, like it's really a problem, is that while I have plenty of size 20 jeans, most of them look like crap.  I only have two pair that are really good for wearing to work.  So I guess I'll be buying a few pairs of jeans this weekend.  While I'm at it, I might just buy some shirts as well.

The 22's I have were bought at Christmas, so they're fairly new.  I wish I knew someone wearing a 22-Tall.  I'd pass them on.

It's a funny thing - even though the scale was down to a new low this morning and I'm in smaller size of pants, I'm not feeling successful.  It's more a feeling of "been there, done that".   My closet is full of size 20 pants, so there's nothing really different, nothing new.  I hope I feel differently when I get into 18's.

This whole "thing" really tempers my entire mood and I have a hint of feeling overwhelmed at how much further I have to go.  If I'm honest with myself at the moment, there's also a feeling of wanting to just throw in the towel.

Do I really know how to do this?  Am I doing this the right way?  If I am, can I really be successful?  Can I really change my habits, my attitude, my life to get to where I want to be?  To be what I want to be?  Do I have the strength?  The willpower? The IT.

Time will tell.  I'm feeling a bit "less" at the moment, but I'm still on the wagon.

Onward!


6 comments:

  1. Stick with it! It will be worth it in the long run. I know one size doesn't make a big difference, but it moves one size at a time. If you keep up by this time next year you will be down several sizes. It takes a while but you can get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! It's just a bit frustrating knowing how many times I've been at this point and then somehow lost it. Makes me sad.

      This time IS different.

      Delete
  2. yeah, hitting a goal of going down a size can be so deflating - maybe because while we are progressing, we still a ways to go and its like - will I ever get there? Just do the next right thing and stay on your path! I am sooo happy for you and your mood will pick back up soon. Just don't let a little victory rob you of your chance to win the war!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA - You are absolutely right! Sometimes the road seems endless, but I'm not quitting!

      You're so sassy! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yay on the lower pant size! Keep up the hard work!

    Goodwill would LOVE to have the too big clothes...and some other person that is either needing clothes or in the process of losing will totally appreciate them! As I lost weight I learned to utilize good wills and thrift shops. The thrift shops in the metro areas have NICE stuff....designer labels with the tags still on them for 3 and 4 bucks! That's my kind of deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MaryFran! I had this idea in my head that I would pass them on to another blogger, but can't figure out how to make that work.

      Delete

Leave your comments here.