Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Oopsies

Well...here I am...

...thinking about Oopsies...

No...I'm not talking about a mistake; I'm talking about a recipe I found at various places on the interwebs.  Some of us living the low carb, high fat lifestye sometimes miss that white stuff called bread.  For me, it's not so much that I miss the bread itself, but rather the convenience of the bread.  I mean, I feel a bit awkward holding a hamburger patty by two hands and eating it.  Somehow, that awkwardness is removed when that patty is in a bun.

Anyway, the recipe is super simple.  Just google it.  I used 3 eggs, 3 ounces cream cheese, a little bit of cream of tartar, and a little bit of salt.  Separate the eggs, whip the whites with the cream of tartar until still.  In another bowl, mix the yolks with the cream cheese until smooth.  Then gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.  Spoon it onto an oiled cookie sheet (this recipe makes about 5-6 pieces), and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.  Let it cool a few minutes and eat!

My oopsies!

Now while they are not bread, they were light, had a bread-like texture, didn't fall apart, and tasted pretty good.  I will definitely make these again.  I may try to pour the batter into a form next time to get a more uniform, thicker Oopsie.

My mood is a bit better than yesterday and the scale was also down again this morning - all good things.  I guess the biggest part of yesterday was that I've been at this point before and then lost my vision, my motivation.  But, like I said yesterday - I truly feel that this time is different.

Besides, I don't have to be in a cheery mood all the time!  So there!

I did go out to lunch today and I had more protein for the day than usual - so I'll be interested to see what the scale shows tomorrow.

But let me just say - I took the stairs EVERY TIME today, no elevators were used in the course of this day!  YEAH ME!

That's about it for today.  I want to go to bed early since I have a bit of a headache.

Onward!


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog! This sounds rather intriguing. I might have to try it. Sounds like you are doing good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen!!! I'm glad you found it!!! I hope you come by and comment often!

      Delete
  2. The oopsie's sound really interesting. I'm going to be trying them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see what you think about them. I'm going to start playng around with the recipe and see what I can come up with.

      Delete

Leave your comments here.