Friday, April 4, 2014

Waiting for hubster

Well...here I am...

...waiting for my hubster to get home.

He's late because of a strike in Germany which delayed his flight home by 9-10 hours.   He took alternate flights, but every one of those was delayed as well!  He was supposed to be home about 3 pm, but won't get home until midnight or so.  Poor fella is gonna be exhausted!  It's a big bummer, but the important thing is that he gets home safely.  (I hate ending sentences with adverbs!)

Other than that, it's been a low-key, uneventful day - that's a good thing.

The scale was up a tad this morning.  It's not a big deal and like I've come to wish, I hope my weight is inversely related to the stock market, but only when the market is going up and my weight is going down!  That's a win-win to be sure!

It's a little funny and this is purely anecdotal, but the other day when the scale read 264.2, I thought to myself that I would be really good and mindful and aware and the scale would be down to 263.something the next day and it would be a new low and how exciting would THAT be to be 263 for the first time in a long time.  Well - that was three days ago!!!  It'll get there, but I think Mother Nature is trying to teach me patience.  I can only shake my head and chill.  :-)

When hubster left for his trip last Friday, I stopped by the grocery store and bought about boneless pork loin that was on sale and cooked it in the crock pot.  About half of it is left - I thought about throwing it out so hubster wouldn't see it, but that's kinda silly - he wouldn't care if I did, but I don't want to waste it.  I think I'm gonna freeze the rest of it cuz at this point, I'm tired of boneless pork loin!

Stairs were a little easier today - don't know why, but I'll take it.  Hubster and I had talked about taking a walk through a nearby park tomorrow, but I don't think that's gonna happen.  Hopefully we'll be able to do it on Sunday.

That's about it for today.  Leave a comment and say hello!

Onward!

9 comments:

  1. I made the oopsies tonight, but I was so busy I didn't get them made in time for dinner; I'll they the tomorrow for breakfast.

    My life coach suggested I track my foods on fat secret. So I back tracked my food since last Monday, yes, I actually remembered everything I ate. And just what I had suspected, now fat secret proved it. I noticed my weight went down on the weekend and up on the days I was at work. I keep nuts on my desk for snacking! I had no idea how not only the calories racked, but also carbs are in nuts. I thought I was staying under 50 net carbs and it turned For a few days a week, I was up around 70, and while I thought I Was eating so little, it turned out I was actually at 180% of my daily allowance. Apparently calories do count even though it was caused by nuts! It turns out my fat is around 70% and protein and carbs split the remainder.
    Thanks to my life coach for pushing to track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think tracking can be a big help and a real eye opener if we're totally honest with it. What's the saying? Your body keeps an accurate diary regardless of what you write down. it's true!

      Delete
  2. Hilly, I was doing the same thing, so now the only nuts I keep at work are raw organic walnuts. I weigh myself one ounce of cashews, and take them to work in a container. That's all I get per day. It's helped a LOT. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - nuts can either be a save or a downfall!

      Delete
  3. Hi!! Looking forward to keeping up with you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm looking forward to sharing it with you!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Gwen, nuts were a great way to ease off of snacking on salty junk food, but I've been at this for a couple of months now and I now know I can't be trusted to stick to one or two ounces; I need to banish them altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, so excited about your success so far! And you're so right about the body keeping the diary... (sadly, in my case ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - once I realized my body maintains its own diary, I had to confess!

      Come back and post often!

      Delete

Leave your comments here.