Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A New Day

Well...here I am...

...at the end of a new day.

I had a good night's sleep last night and had a busy day at work - two very good things.  My mood/outlook is better today and I'm quite thankful for that.  I've absolutely hated the way I've felt for the last week or so.

The scale was down this morning, so I'm thankful for that.  I would like to see 249.9 by May 30.  Don't know if I'll make it since we're halfway through the month.  We'll see what happens.  I thought that I might reduce my calories - seems like I say that every few weeks - to around 1400 a day.  Right now I generally eat about 1700 +/- 100 calories a day.  It seems to happen fairly naturally and seems to work well for me, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to eat only 1400 calories a day.

I had a new goal-type event occur today.  When I get home from work, I usually weigh when I change my clothes.  Today, it was 259.8 when I weighed.  It's the first time I've been below 260 in the evening.

When I started all this, the goal was to finally lose the weight, but the bigger goal was to be healthy and to determine what I needed to do to be healthy.  Lately, I've been reading about caffeine.  I read that you should only have about 500-900 mg caffeine a day.  Well - I'm WAY outside that range.  I usually have 3 large cups of coffee each day along with a bunch of unsweetened tea - I guess about a half gallon.  That's in addition to the water I drink generally along the lines of about 80 oz a day.  I've always been a big drinker - good thing it doesn't extend to alcohol.  In any event, I've got some more reading to see.  I want to see the studies on which these intake recommendations are based.

The 20's I'm wearing are getting pretty baggy, so I ordered some 18's.  I don't think I can wear them quite yet, but I don't think it'll be too long.  I'm 5''10" and have fairly long legs.  Most stores don't seem to carry too many "tall" lengths, so I always end up ordering them instead. 

There's a lot going on the next few weeks.  Hubster and I will be travelling separately for work, our daughter is coming home for the Memorial Day holiday, and our son is coming home for a few weeks in between the spring and summer terms.

My travel will be for a week, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to maneuver the food situation.  There's going to be a group of us basically confined to a hotel in a relatively small town for an entire week.  I plan to talk with the coordinator to see what's what about the food.  I'm fine taking my own food.

Sorry it's been such a random post, but it's what's in my head!

Onward!

7 comments:

  1. Great plan! I can't give up my coffee either but then again I only drink probably about 2 cups total a day (16 oz each).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's crazy to even consider giving up coffee!!!

      Delete
  2. Let's celebrate!!!! That evening weigh in...the low number you haven't seen in the evening...that deserves celebration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - it made me smile a little. You know - those inner, satisfied smiles that kinda make your day.

      Delete
  3. Hi ya.. I'm glad you were feeling better today! YEA! I wanted to comment on your WI's .. I was looking them over and you know you have a lot to be proud of! Great progrss!!! You do need some progress pics updated also! Just so you can see. :) Remember: What your doing now, is a whole lot better than what you were doing! I say that to myself EVERY day. It helps.

    BTW : I won't give up my tea either! No way , it makes me happy to take that very first sip of my tea!

    Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Rosie!!! I'm glad we can cheer each other on!! You're right, what I'm doing now IS infinitely better than what I was doing.

      We are of the same ilk!!! I refuse to give up my unsweetened tea!! I brew it from leaves and it's the best!

      Delete
  4. "weight loss trajectory". I love the sound of that. It's so sci-fi and Star Trek-ish & stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.