Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm still here

Well...here I am...

...and I'm still here.

It's been a quiet day - I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday, but I'm still a little bent out of shape.

The scale took a dive this morning - down 2.2 lbs from the day before.  That's not happened before, so I'm not sure what's happening, but I'll take it.

We made our weekly Costco run this morning.  When I looked in the cart as we were standing in line to check out, I was really proud of our selections.  The cart was filled with good, nutritious food and no processed food except for the tzatziki, which is highly processed but hubster loves it.


The afternoon was quiet and low-key, which is what I needed.  I was going to pick up my old friend, but he wasn't feeling well.  I did take progress photos today, but they're all too dark so I'll do them again tomorrow.  I don't look any different though than I did 10 pounds ago.

We had dinner tonight at a restaurant located in a historic house in a small town near us.  A white table cloth sort of place, but still casual enough.  The food was good, but it wasn't anything to write home about.  As a splurge, we ordered fried green tomatoes because I do love them and only have the opportunity to have them every few years.  They were a bit of a disappointment.  The corn meal was way too heavy and made for a hard coating instead of something light.  Hubster and I are glad we went, but both agree that the hype was more than the reality.  I think we enjoyed the house more than anything else.


Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  It's certainly different now that the critters are grown and out on their own.  I miss them every day and am looking forward to talking with them tomorrow.  For all you mothers, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.