Saturday, June 14, 2014

A little frustrated

Well...here I am...

...a little frustrated.

The stupid scale was up 1.6 pounds this morning...and it just pisses me off.

After weighing, I complained to hubster.  He said I was getting ready to start and commented on the migraine and back ache this week.  I'm sure he's right because I'm starting to feel like crap.

I'm starting to feel stuck at this weight range!

Plus, we're going to the races tonight and I would just prefer not to go - it's a lot of driving - almost 200 miles in total, we'll get home really late, I'm not feeling particularly strong today, and I just don't feel like going.  BUT - my old friend is really looking forward to it since they no longer have Sunday racing.

I'm not sure why I don't feel particularly in control about this evening - it's like I can't wrap my head around it.  But, I've decided to start with the salad bar, then go straight for the sliced meats - it's usually ham and prime rib I think.  They have a huge dessert selection, but I'm not so worried about that stuff.  It mostly looks better than it tastes.

I'm thinking about getting a plain crepe and then slicing up a few chocolate covered strawberries in it.  It's my own little creation - it's big on taste and small on sugar and it hits the dessert spot.

In an effort to stay in control and stay on top of it, I'm thinking about taking a picture of everything I eat in the hopes that it keeps me accountable.

I know if I don't want the scale up tomorrow, I gotta keep my ass in gear tonight.  I've got no leeway.

Onward!

7 comments:

  1. FWIW, while I do weigh daily to keep myself accountable and to see the daily fluctuations I don't put too much weight on any individual day's weight. Perhaps it might help to look at, say, a moving average of your weight. What has been the average of the last 7 days (or whatever)? That kind of thing. In any event, it sounds like the uptick isn't a real increase in weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also track my weight daily - you can see the dates and graph on the left. It does seems that something is going on.

      Delete
  2. migrane, back ache, weight gain... yup I agree with your hubster... dont get down about it... its only 1.6 - think how far you've come, where you COULD be if you never started this..... its a blip in the road.. not even a speed bump or a pot hole.. just a blip.... keep up the good work.. enjoy tonite seems like you have a good plan !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. Thanks for your good words! I'm glad you're on my side!

      Delete
  3. My weight can fluctuate enormously depending on how much sodium I've ingested. Restaurants are notorious for adding salt to everything. But since you might have hit a plateau, it might be time to switch things up or tweak your food plan. That's actually what I'm up to this weekend :)

    If you are looking to be more accountable a food journal (paper or online), a food scale and taking pics of what you eat will help you see exactly where the calories are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I track every morsel that goes in my mouth and weigh daily. It's just frustrating.

      Delete
  4. It can be very frustrating, but don't let it get to you to much. I weigh every day but don't log it. IF its the same weight for 3 days or more I log it. Like everyone said, sodium is evil... You got this, because you are really feeling the efforts of what your doing. How many diets have you been on in your life that you fall off and not really give it much thought? I know I've been there. Now its different. When you get this frustrated you know you won't fail. Its not an option to you right now. LIke me. I've hit that plateau now twice. Once at 35 lbs and now at 62 lbs... up and down , 62 lbs, 61 lbs, 60 lbs... but we're not giving up! To many things happening for the good now! What do you say? Forward!!! New day, new thoughts.
    When I'm a little bit down or frustrated I have a little treat, just something that I've been thinking about, but I have the hubs buy me one of that thing.. a muffin. A candy bar... what ever it is, but just one.... it satisfies you and that need for comfort.

    Good luck!
    Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.