Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Rant

Well...here I am...

...having a little - maybe a big - rant.

So, at the beginning of May, I made my airline reservation for our trip to Vienna.  My husband is going on business, so his trip is paid for.  I will also be working for two of those days trying to develop some collaborations, but it's on my dime and not official travel.  However, we do have a 'vacation department' that will handle our personal travel.

Today - hubster and I went to the bank to get some money and started discussing the tickets.  His admin is uber-organized and wanted my ticket information as well.  When I looked in my email, I saw that I was still pending for tickets.

For some reason, I decided to check the credit card and saw that the ticket hadn't been charged.

Uh-oh.

I began to have a little panic, but thought perhaps they ticketed the travel later - like they do our official travel.  I called a fellow who is known to be really helpful and extremely competent about travel.  He told me that someone else had booked it, I really needed to go through that person to see what had happened.  So I called the woman who had booked the travel.  She promptly told me that I had never called her back with my information to confirm travel.

I.LOST.MY.SHIT!

I told this woman in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that I sure as hell DID call her back and give her the credit card information and that if she said otherwise, she would be lying.  She said she would "check".  Well - I wasn't having that at all and told her that I expected to have a ticket on Friday and that I didn't expect to pay more than what I had originally been told for the price.  Seriously, I was on the edge of having the Queen Bitch Supreme come out.

After getting off the phone with her, the travel fellow I talked with originally called me back and said he felt terrible and tried to help.  So he set me up with a pending ticket, but it's at a different time than hubster's flight.

Luckily, I had made notes in my notebook about the trip and had the dates I called her.  I checked my email and, sure enough, I had sent her an email telling her that I had my payment information with me and to return my call.  I forwarded it to her.  Then, I checked the current prices for the flight we're on - the price had increased by $1700 dollars - yes, that's one THOUSAND seven HUNDRED dollars MORE!

Talked with hubster about what to do.  I mean - it's our 30th and I'm really looking forward to it, but with that kind of money for a single ticket, we could plan an entire trip to Vienna next spring for both of us!

The travel agent sent me an email asking for my cell number in case I left work before she got an answer.  I replied with the number but told her that I would be staying at the lab until the issue was resolved.

She finally called me at 6:25 and told me that it was all taken care of.  They had to eat the $1700 - good thing too - I would have been over the top livid.  And funny thing, I didn't have to get her my credit card information because she already had it!!!

So now, I've got a confirmed, paid ticket.  If it hadn't been for hubster's secretary, I might have been in a world of hurt and in for a big surprise on Friday because I thought the ticket info I had was for the paid ticket - it's just a small difference in the look of the two emails you get for a pending versus a paid ticket.  In the future, I don't think I'll go through them.

Anyway - for all my pissed-offed-ness, I maintained my food coolness.  But - by the time we finally left work, it was after 7 and there was no way either of us was going to cook, so we had wings and a salad.

Oh - good story.  At lunch today, I had salmon and a salad.  Hubster had a sandwich and french fries.  When he was finished eating, there were a few fries left on his plate.  I stole one of the little crunchy nubby ends and ate it.  Then I reached for another one.  Hubster didn't say a word, BUT...he moved the plate and then proceeded to pour his drink on the remaining fries, laughing as he did so.  In turn, I started laughing and then thanked him for doing that.  It was the exactly perfect thing to do!

BTW, I'm really starting to like my salads with blue cheese crumbles instead of blue cheese dressing - it's the same, yet different.

We bought a new camera at Costco last night, have the housesitter ready to housesit - MUCH cheaper than boarding our menagerie of animals (5 total), got the laundry almost done, and we're getting excited.  Hubster told me that he was excited to show me all the things he's had to see by himself - it was sweet; kinda reminded me of a little boy the way he said it.

I hope I can post tomorrow night.  I might try to do a mobile post, but I don't know what sort of charges there would be for that - or even if there are charges.

Like Ellen says....Anyway....

Onward!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That must have been super annoying. Glad it worked out. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about stress! I love blue cheese crumbles too. They make me very happy. Because it's so strong, I tend not to over do it with blue cheese. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow already an adventure and you havent even left the country yet !! have a great time.. and tell hubster great job on soaking the fries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everything worked out! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a close call!!! So glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow...that was a close close call!!!! Breathe in.....it's fixed. Now it's time to just have fun!!!!! Enjoy your time away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I would have been shaking! I'm so glad it was resolved! Ahhh now to relax and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SUPER annoyed for you. I would have gone CRAZY! You leave tomorrow so hopefully your blood pressure has already fallen!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.