Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Another long day

Well...here I am... ...

...at the end of another long day.

Work is going to be a bear for the next few weeks.  Couple that with wanting to be home and spending time with my son, I feel stressed - like a hamster on a wheel.

Food was good today.  Smoothie for breakfast, canned tuna for lunch, and some unsalted nuts for a snack.

Again, we're on our way home from work and hubster suggests that we get ribs since our son has been home all day.  So off to the rib joint we go.

We talked all through dinner and the three of us had a good time.  Toward the end of the meal, I commented that I thought the ribs were really good and started to reach for another rib.  I realized at the same time that I was past the point of fullness - not to the point of being uncomfortable, but it was time to stop eating.

It was a bit weird because I had to have a little talk with myself and tell my dumbass to quit eating.  I rationalized that I would have 'just one more' and then stop.  I surely didn't need one more, but I wanted to eat more because they were so good.

This is not a reason to continue eating.

I finally won the argument with myself by realizing that I had ribs to take home and that I can have them for lunch - or even breakfast - if I want.  The very rational part of me hopes that my son eats all the ribs while I'm at work tomorrow!

I'll chalk it up to a win.  Clearly, there have been plenty of times in the past when I lost the argument with myself - that's why my ass is the size of a small barn.

But I'm working on it...day by day...inner argument by inner argument. 

Onward!



3 comments:

  1. It takes time to retrain the brain. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when you know the feeling of fullness? For so many years, I ignored that feeling and kept going. But, we have the power to stop and it feels good! Even better than that last rib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are making that small barn smaller by the day .. removing one board at a time *haha*

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.