Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Brownies and accountability

Well...here I am...

 ...thinking about brownies and accountability!

So, day 2 of this class I'm taking.  It was another good food day.  Funny thing though - I guess many of the folks in the class complained - there are only 20 of us - about the lack of protein for breakfast.  this morning, there was a buffet of bacon and eggs.  Can I just say it was awesome???

Lunch was similar with grilled chicken with diced ham on it and one of the best beef tenderloins I think I've ever had.  It was really nice to be able to go through the line without having to make good girl/bad girl decisions.  Yannow?

And then the afternoon snacks came.

They brought in chocolate chip cookies...and BROWNIES!

OMG - They looked so good and I really wanted one.  But of course, I'd made an issue of my nutritional needs - specifically stating added sugar was off-limits, so I couldn't possibly have a brownie particularly with the facilitator and the chef nearby.  So depending on how you look at it, I either helped myself or screwed myself.  This afternoon when I realized I couldn't have a brownie, I felt like I'd screwed myself.  Now, after the fact, I'm glad I didn't have the brownie, so clearly I helped myself.

The scale this morning was 253.2 - a new low.  I was pretty happy with that.  I was, and still am, concerned about the week.

We've received all sorts of results from personality tests and 360 assessments.  We received our 360 assessments yesterday.  I was relieved, but clearly see now that I'm harder on myself than anyone else is.  There's a DiSC personality assessment as well.  DiSC stands for Dominant, Inducement, Submission, and Compliance.  According to the assessment, I'm a strong dominant personality, which means that I see myself as more powerful than the environment and that I see the environment as potentially unfavorable.  Does that sound like me or what?  And then I got in a disagreement with another dominant personality.  Everyone was laughing at us because neither of us would budge.  While he thought he was right, I *know* I was right.  lol   It was all in good fun.

Tomorrow, 4 of my classmates and I have to create and perform a skit of today's events.  We decided to go to a local restaurant - as if we have a choice - to discuss what we're gonna do.  He suggested that I pick the restaurant since I have food restrictions.  I have no idea how he knew, but he did.  Anyway, being the dominant personality that I am, I told him to pick the restaurant and that I'd be fine.  I'm sure he made someone else in the group pick the restaurant.

After dinner, we're all watching the movie Gettysburg with commentary by a local historian.  It oughta be interesting.  Tomorrow is a field trip out to the battlefield.  I know I'm gonna cry.  I always do.

That's about it.  I wanted to jot my thoughts down before I left for the evening.

So far, two days down - three to go!

Onward!

7 comments:

  1. Good girl! And I'll bet you are looking marvelous-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it Hilly!!!! Have a great trip! I'll miss you girlfriend!

      Delete
  2. How exciting that the scale is moving! I LOVE why you couldn't have a brownie! Life is funny sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just tell you that they had the leftover brownies at the movie last night?

      Delete
  3. You got this! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Keep it up.. Great choices/ no ..brownies! You are a rock star!!!
    I've always felt in front of people I can stay in more control. There is something about showing people you have that control!
    Congrats on the new low weigh in!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.