Monday, June 16, 2014

Busy day

Well...here I am...

...it's been a busy day and I've still got work to do!

Tomorrow is a BIG day at work.  I've got a presentation to make to some hotshots - so what did I do??  I left the presentation at work - I can't even review it tonight!  But there's plenty of other things to do to prepare for tomorrow.

The scale was basically the same this morning - and I shouldn't expect anything different.  Saturday was bad and it's gonna take a few days to recover.  End of that particular story.

I tried my son's protein powder this morning.  He's been dogging mine to no end, so I gave his a try.  The kicker is that I really liked it better than mine, so NOW I've got to tell my son.  I'll never hear the end of it.   Pfftt...maybe I'll just wait until he's gone back to Texas!

Food was good.  Pork at lunch and dinner since hubster and son smoked some ribs yesterday.  Along with asparagus, it was a satisfying food day.

Even though it's been a really busy day, I've spent some time thinking about what's going on with me.  I wrote about most all of it yesterday, so I don't need to rehash it again. 

I will say that I believe that with the amount of weight I have to lose I need to stay on point all the time - or at least try.  In the beginning, I thought I could have some leeway, but that point is not now.  I'm not perfect and I do tend to be hard on myself, but I feel that if I'm otherwise, I won't be able to do what I need to do.

AND I HAVE TO DO THIS.

I've been thinking about some goals - short term and intermediate goals - and there are a few I have in mind.

1- I want to be less than 250.  That's a nice short term goal and one of those natural goal numbers.
2- I want to weigh less than hubster.  He's currently 245.

That's what I've got in my head.

I've got some worries as well.  Our 30th anniversary is coming up in July.  We leave for Vienna, Austria for a combined work/vacation on 6/27.  We're gonna be there 10 days!  On the tails of that is our vow renewal in Texas in mid-July.

I'm very concerned about how I'm going to manage the next 5 weeks.  I had hoped that I'd be ahead of the game and that June would be my die-hard month of weight loss.  We see how that's turned out.  *sigh*  Instead, I'm heavier right now than when I started the month.  It worries me and I don't know what to do about. 

I suppose I shouldn't worry about it at all since there's not a damn thing I can do since it's do.  I guess I should just worry about right now...RIGHT NOW...that's the only thing I really have control over.

And sometimes I don't have control over that either.  But...one foot in front of the other.

Onward!

5 comments:

  1. You'll figure it out. You have proven you can navigate yourself in restaurants. (on your work trip) Your success that week is proof that it is doable. And, if treats are a no no for right now, then stick to it! I believe you'll meet your goals soon and be strong for the next five weeks. Go hard core for a bit! Congrats on your wedding anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vienna ? 10 days of sausage ?? jk - you can do it... and even if you aren't perfect... this is life... it happens.... take some of that awesome protein powder your son turned you onto and maybe do a shake for breakfast every day ? This is a lifestyle... for life... dont go hog wild, but you are there to celebrate 30 years with your hubby... concentrate on that.. and do lots of walking and shopping and celebrating in ways that dont add calories *wink wink*
    You got this !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said, one foot in front of the other! You're on the right path just sorry the stupid scale is misbehaving for you! Those goals are very attainable for you and I have no doubt that you'll knock it out of the park! Enjoy your trips and your anniversary and don't sweat it. Those are once in a lifetime moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am living proof that you can survive a trip, enjoy it and the food and not gain tons of weight. I was even quite gimp from hip issues so I didn't get much exercise.

    You can do it. Relax and enjoy yourself.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to take one day at a time over the next 5 weeks! You are also going to totally focus on your goals...that you wisely laid out in this post.. And you will not just survive the 5 weeks weight wise....you will THRIVE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.