Thursday, June 12, 2014

Migraine

Well...here I am...

...slowly getting rid of a migraine.

Yesterday was tough!  Work was a bear and I got a migraine.  Lately when I've gotten them, they've been preceded by my smelling phantom smoke.  It drives me nuts and continues throughout the course of the migraine.  Weird.  Anyway, the MAC screen was killing me and I just couldn't look at it anymore.  Finally, I called hubster and told him we had to go home.  The drive home made me sick and I wasn't sure I was even gonna make it home.

When we got home, I took off all my clothes, closed the curtains (not in that order) and crawled into bed.

I still had it this morning, but had to go to work.  I put on a pain patch and that seemed to help a lot - thank goodness.

But - I've still got it, but it's manageable and nothing like last night.

The head of our organization left for another position today.  He started in our part of the organization, so we had a going away party for him.  Hotdogs, hamburgers....picnic food.  I had an all meat lunch of a blackened hotdog, a hamburger patty, and some devilled eggs.

I had taken my lunch just in case I was unable to eat, but was glad I didn't need it.

The scale was at 253 this morning - a new low...by a hair.  I'm happy for it, but the weight does seem to going down more slowly than usual.  I reckon I have to accept it, cuz that's the way it is.

Since my son is home, my old friend wants all of us to go to the races on Saturday night.  It's always a food challenge because it's a buffet.  I've got a few days to ponder, consider, and imagining myself being in control while we're there.  I'd like to get back on the trend of going down - I've had this little plateau long enough.

Onward!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your headaches...I can't relate because I dont' get them...but I can relate to slow weight loss. Let's agree that slow weight loss stays off!!!! Turtle Power! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, sorry about the migraine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch ouch ouch! Hope the migraine goes away asap! Nice loss though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are staying so positive. I have had migraines since I was 15. Some years the migraines are worse than other years but they are always there. I definitely think that they key is to stay positive and find your rhythm. Sometimes I find that keeping a diary can be helpful so I can see any patterns.

    Cynthia Bowers @ Bay Area TMJ & Sleep Center

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.