Monday, June 9, 2014

Yucky Monday

Well...here I am...

...it's been a yucky Monday.

This day did not turn out the way I expected.  I went to work this morning with a pretty good attitude.  Then I found out about all the crap that happened while I was gone.  Frustrating all the way around!  I just *LOVE* it when there's too few people, too much work, too little time, and not enough money.

By the end of the day, I was just frustrated.  I even shed a few tears on the way home. ARRGGGHHH!

Right as we got home, it started raining.  Hubby was going to do a beer-butt chicken on the grill, but the rain put the kabosh on that idea.  His alternative was the wing joint down the road.  Since our son had been home alone all day, he was all for it.  I just didn't care.

As we walked into the restaurant, I thought, "Screw it."  Just toss in the towel - I'm done with ALL of it.

Luckily the little voice in my head - the good one - stopped me.  By the time we were seated, I was back in control - still in a shitty mood - but back in control.  I'm glad I got it back before I tossed in the towel.

It was good to be back to my old breakfast staple this morning - my chocolate strawberry smoothie.  Lunch was turkey, watercress (I love the stuff), mushrooms, and squash in the cafeteria.  Dinner, as I said, was lemon pepper wings (no breading) with a salad.

One big thing of note - I realized this morning that I missed my thyroid medication TWO times last week.  As a result, I'm feeling tired.  It's gonna take 3-5 more days to be back to normal.  I hate it when I miss my meds - it screws me up every time!  It took me YEARS to get in the groove of taking them every day.

Anyway - that's it for the day.

Onward!




3 comments:

  1. Hi LuckyMama,

    We have just sent you a message through email regarding our project.

    myTaste.com is a social platform for recipe blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes.

    We only index first image of your recipe and to see your full recipe, the visitor must go to your blog/site.

    If you like it, you can join through here

    www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.

    Full information has been sent to your email.

    Have a good day!

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on not giving up when the day was not what you wanted and your mood was not in a good place..... THAT my friend is progress -- the "good" little voice won out - and thats totally awesome. and from my point of view its a huge step forward -- un-doing the giving up of the past.... you rock ! we can do this, no end in site, just the daily steps towards a better life !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a WIN WIN when you have a shit day and you can still stay in control so WTG to you!
    You'll see that scale slide downward very soon, too!
    Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.