Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Challenging Day

Well...here I am...

...it's going to be a challenging day today.

I have committed to eating out at both lunch and dinner today.  It's not that it's bad to eat out, it just makes it more challenging.  And I know from experience that the scale is always up the next day.

Neither meal should be too much of a food challenge - chicken kebab and spinach at lunch and then steak and salad for dinner.

I think the thing that worries me is last week.  The whole idea that I thought I was on track when I wasn't pulled me up short a little bit.  I've corrected it and have been totally and well within my parameters.  But that whole idea of "a little bit of this, a little bit of that" can really fatally and drastically derail my efforts to reduce the size of this barn-sized ass.

I'm gonna have to maintain a vigil today...and yes, that's what it is...to make sure I stay on track today.  It's far too soon for an excursion off the DIP*...particularly since I took an almost two month excursion with Vienna and the vow renewal!

Onward!

*DIP - Donna Improvement Plan

5 comments:

  1. You got this ... sounds like you have your food planned out and now you just need to follow through ... that is something I really need to learn! Be deliberate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't add salt! If you 'need' salt...buy some pink Himalayan, and a small portal container you can take in your purse. I don't retain fluid with pink Himalayan salt! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to have a barn sized ass than stomach! At least you're carrying the weight in a healthier place than your gut! Your descriptions always crack me up! We're vacationing to North Carolina next week so I'm nervous about all the meals out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I think I'm doing the right thing only to find out I wasn't. It really takes the wind out of my sails too.

    I'm always up after a meal out too. I think there is more salt in that food than what I use at home.

    Good luck.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.