Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday...down!

Well...here I am...

...It's Monday and I had this day down!  It was a pretty good day all the way around.

My eating was on track with a smoothie this morning and then a good salad at lunch.  Dinner was chicken and green beans.

I got a compliment at work today that really made me feel good.  I work with a bunch of smart people and to get a compliment is a rare occurrence, so it really set a good tone for the rest of the day.

We worked late AGAIN tonight.  On the way home, I told hubster that I wanted to go to a Peruvian restaurant we like.  I always get the chicken and it's good.  But, hubster said he didn't want to eat out, but rather just go home.  So that's what we did.  I was a little disappointed and felt a little...pissy...about it, but I got over it.

Now the night is done and I'm glad we ate at home, but it kinda bugs me that I was off-kilter about not getting to eat a particular food...or eating what I wanted when I wanted it dammit.  I hate this particular emotion/feeling because it's neither positive nor constructive and it literally doesn't do my ass any good when I feed the emotion.

All the more reason to stay aware.  It's been a struggle lately, but I'm keeping my shit together and moving forward - it just seems my steps are a little smaller at the moment.

The strides are coming.

Onward!

3 comments:

  1. The more battles you win, the stronger your success will be! :) Way to stay strong and not eat the emotion away. I enjoy your use of the word "pissy". It always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD GIRL! Sorry you didn't get your way on dinner. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steps may be a little smaller but they are headed in the right direction ...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.