Monday, August 25, 2014

Painful throat

Well...here I am...

...with a painful throat.

Kinda weird it came on all of a sudden - one hour, I'm fine; the next hour, I can barely swallow.

Stressful day at work, but I took the time to just chill for a few and be thoughtful about the stress and how I was going to deal with it.  Taking that time, even when we don't think we have the time, really does make a difference.  I know it certainly helped me today.

Food was good today.  The only "thing" was that we came home early to have the countertops measured, but after that I had to go back to work to take care of an issue that had been boiling underneath the surface for a few days.

I cut a piece of triple cream brie (love it!) and one thin slice each of proscuitto, salame, and sopressetta and headed back to work.  It was unplanned and on the fly, but I was hungry and didn't know when I'd get back home.

Other than that, I was spot on.  I don't think what I did was bad at all, it's just the unplanned and on the fly part I don't like.  It makes me a little wary since those are the sort of times that can put a chink in the armor.

Drank a lot today, so that's a good thing  Exercise was minimal, but it's gonna be like that for a bit, but I do try to get up and just move.  The walk from the parking lot to one of my offices is 1/4 mile, so that's a little something.

Those 18s were awesome!  I saw my reflection in a mirror and my legs do look decidely thinner and longer.  Being in a new size today was an excellent motivator.

The countertop fellow recommended granite, but I had really only considered granite; now I need to a little more research.  I don't like the idea of having to seal the granite on a regular basis to protect from stains, but I guess it's not such a big deal with the darker colors.

And now I'm off to bed.  Gotta get the sleep in as well.

Onward!

5 comments:

  1. I've had dark granite counters that we inherited 11 years ago. We've never sealed them, and nary a stain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes hope you feel better soon! Great job with food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to eat well on the fly and unplanned is a required part of getting to and staying at goal weight. Life happens and it isn't always planned. Be glad that you made a good choice under the stress of the situation.
    Lori
    PS hope the sore throat goes away soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon, it is going around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dark grante that I inherited when I moved into my house... I had no idea you were suppose to seal them!! I've never had an issue. As for the in the fly meal... You did well! You didn't run to a take out window!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.