Thursday, August 28, 2014

Short Blog

Well...here I am...

writing a short blog tonight.  But I want to check in with myself.

It was a stressful day in a lot of ways - lots of issues at work.  But I stuck with the DIP all day.

The scale was up this morning, but that's okay.  It's totally due to last night's treat; however, the increase was less than expected and will be gone in a day or two.  Water and glycogen...blast the pair!  Having said that, I think I've pushed through my self-caused plateau.

Smoothie for breakfast.  I switched it up a bit.  Well, I only dropped the strawberries, added some instant coffee, fiber (whatever it is in the orange container), and a little olive oil since I was out of coconut oil.  It was yum, but I think I added a little too much instant coffee because it made my tummy feel a little weird.

Lunch was the cafeteria.  It's a buffet-style place, but there was roast pork, so I had that with some egg salad and some watercress.  Odd items to put together, but I liked it.  I don't know why I like the watercress.  It's decidedly green and has a bit of an odd taste - seems to be a hint of bitter rhubarb, but then nothing like rhubarb.  I just checked - only 4 calories for an entire cup!
 .
As with many folks, buffets are challenging, but I've got this one figured out...finally.  I used to be a little bit of this and a little bit of that until I had tried damn near everything, but I've learned I need to make it THIS or THAT.  I'm glad too because we seem to be eating there often enough.

We worked until almost 7 tonight - I didn't even want to think about food.  Hubster had defrosted some hamburgers, so we sat on the patio while he cooked them on the grill.  I had the hamburger with some provolone cheese and that was it.  Kinda weird too, I was glad to be done eating.

The next few weeks are gonna be tough.  I made the comment at work today that people needed to grow some vaginas.  The person I was talking to just stopped, looked at me for a second, and then said, "You changed the anatomical part."  I replied, "Yup, that's cause balls are sensitive and don't do shit.  Vaginas?  They take a pounding and keep going.  They're tough."  I heard a similar comment  not long ago and it's true!  Perhaps it's just me, but there are a few men I know who I wish could grow a vagina!


Onward!

3 comments:

  1. oooh, if I were you, I'd be real careful at work talking like that. It could get you in trouble, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if memory serves that a Betty White quote and I LOVE IT ... soo very true....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you talk true and frank! Don't change a thing!! I'm not for people who feel that they are above others. NOT at all.
    Good job on the buffet... not everyone can do that.

    Have a good weekend!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.