Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday evening

Well...here I am...
  
...at the end of a Sunday evening.

The laundry is COMPLETELY done!  It's not been totally done since June!

Anyway, what the hell is up with the scale?  I was on the verge and in the last few days it's been back up. 

And I know why...

One circumstance led to another and hubster and I ended up having a totally different lunch than we had planned on Friday - sushi.  Not just sushi - but buffet sushi.  I know, I know...sounds a little sketchy, but there's a place that's pretty good and there's never enough time to sit for more than a minute or so.

Buffets are things I avoid, particularly when unplanned and particularly when it's anything remotely Asian.  I ate too much - not nearly too much like I used to eat, but I was a little more than satisfied and felt just a little too full.

We ended up working late on Friday evening.  When we finally left, we took the back way home because the traffic was horrendous.  We decided to stop at a restaurant that looks out on a local mountain - very scenic and pretty.  Hubster got wine - I did not.  We ordered a black bean soup as an appetizer, but I didn't care for it, so hubster ate most of it.  My entree was hangar steak.  It was very tasty, but it was served....with french fries.  I thought it was an odd combination.  I had a few of the fries - maybe 6 and I was good.

When the server brought the dessert menu, tiramisu was on it.  Tiramisu is the one dessert that I will always try...period.  It wasn't good either, so hubster ended up eating it.

I ended up trying too many things and I think it's added some water weight.

I foiled myself...again.

(But let me back up for a minute - I have no idea where the 251 and 253 came from - everything was on target, so it's a mystery as to why the scale was up.  Hubster coming home??  But Friday I can explain.)

Like I said, I foiled myself.  I should have taken better control of the circumstance I found myself in instead of being controlled by the circumstance. 

**bangs head on wall**  I'm such a dumbass.

I guess the only saving grace in all of this is that when I encountered a food I didn't like, I didn't eat it.  I'm specifically talking about the tiramisu.  As I've said before, it's gotta be worth it if I'm gonna stray from the DIP.  It wasn't, so I stopped.  In the past, I would have eaten it all regardless of whether or not it was up to a "standard".  So that's a good thing - a very good thing.

The problem is that I had too many "little things" and while each one individually probably wouldn't have had an impact, taken together they did.  And now that piper has to be paid...again.

I've gotta CTFO on the little things.

Onward!



11 comments:

  1. NO beating your head against a wall. You are human.. This is life. We can't expect to live a perfect 'healthy eating' life everyday. Correct it and move on.

    I'm glad that YOU mentioned the tiramasu thing...it wasn't good and you passed on it. That is a HUGE victory my friend!!!!!! How many times in the past would you have simply eaten it because it was your favorite???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran...I guess I feel that I need to reign it in if I'm gonna keep going down...

      Delete
  2. I can not imagine having the discipline to not finish a dessert once I ordered it, barring unexpected rat poop on top or some sort of nuclear explosion. I call that a WIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the deal with myself. If I'm gonna have the sugar, it damn well better be worth it - and this really wasn't. And no, I haven't always had that discipline...at all.

      Delete
  3. Well, it's not like you are the only one wanting to bang your head against the wall. LOL

    Actually, I think it's good-the head banging. It's a sign we are heading in the right direction. To NOT want to bang our head on the wall would be an indication that food slip ups are no big deal. They ARE a big deal. I don't want to ever forget that...or I'll get obese again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen - I'm in good company! But let's try to not need to bang our heads...whaddya say?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Feet - it's my own acronym...chill the eff out...

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of .. go ahead and taste it.. and if its not absolutely to die for... then move on.. and you did that... the scale doesnt show all the things you are learning... there are so many things that you now KNOW... that will eventually show on the scale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy - it is a good thing I did there. But it is frustrating when good behavior isn't rewarded. Like I said - I think there's been too many little things.

      Delete
  6. Good for you for passing on foods you didn't think were 10/10! That's huge!!! Keep stuff like that up and the scale will show a loss in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.