Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Head above water

Well...here I am...

...trying to keep my head above water!

It's the end of the fiscal year for me at work and it's causing a LOT of early mornings and late hours.

Even though it's a tough time, I think I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping it together food-wise.  I'm trying my best to track my food - I'm not 100%, but close.  Even when I don't track a meal, it's not because I'm "cheating" or fooling myself - I'm eating the right food.

As I said before, it's clear that I'm eating too much - too much protein in particular.  I've been trying to be very mindful of that.  So what I've started doing is having extra high-fiber veggies with my meals.  For example, the other night we had cooked flap steak in the crockpot all day with a bunch of mushrooms  I weighed out 6.5 ounces, but then loaded up on fresh beans and broccoli.  It really was quite satisfying.

I think this is very good and perhaps a path in a more positive direction, but I'm not sure it's the right way.  The problem still remains that I'm eating a lot.  Does it matter that it's veggies instead of protein?  Or sugar?  Or fat?  I don't know. 

Is there a difference between eating a lot and eating too much?  I think it's a fine line.  I think eating too much of "insert food at hand", is my issue.  Previously, I ate too much of everything and that included sugars and other empty carb-type food.  When I stopped eating those foods and totally removed them from my diet, it changed my world.  But now, the benefit of not eating those types of foods has diminished - but only weight-wise.  There are ton of other benefits of not eating added sugar.

So now I'm encountering my real issue.  It's gonna be a bitch; but let's just say I can be the bigger bitch.  Somehow that doesn't sound entirely positive.

We had our countertops measured today.  We've decided on Giallo Fiorto and pick out the slab on Saturday.  I backed out of our first choice due to its provenance and quarry ownership.  I'm excited to get these countertops.

I was supposed to go to the dentist directly after the countertop guy left, but he was so late I had to cancel the appointment.  It was too late to go back to work, so I took a nap!!

I haven't taken a nap during the day in a LONG time.  It was refreshing, luxurious, and awesome!  I wish I could take a nap everyday.  I surely needed that nap.

When hubster got home from work, I was still asleep.  He woke me up and said he wanted wings, so off we went.  On the way there, it popped in my head that I wanted a hamburger.  I don't know why that popped into my head, but there it was.

When we got to the restaurant, I looked through the menu...and ordered a hamburger.  It was AWESOME!!!  They had a build your own hamburger with a choice of toppings and sides, so I got it without bread and with a side salad.  Blue cheese is my cheese of choice when eating out.  And let me tell you - I think it was the best hamburger I've ever had.  There were lots of veggies, the meat was perfectly cooked, and there was just enough blue cheese.  The side salad was a side salad, and I stole a few wings from hubster.  When I was done with the meal, I was satisfied and not stuffed.  I tracked it all and I did a good job.

Onward!

3 comments:

Leave your comments here.