Thursday, October 16, 2014

A good day

Well...here I am...
 
...having a good day!

Do you ever just have a good day?  Where no matter what happens, it doesn't dampen your mood?  I had that kind of day today - even though I didn't get to sleep until almost 3 am!

I woke up to my alarm, snoozed a little more and then decided to go ahead and get going - it was gonna be a busy day and hubster was coming home.

I had forgotten to set the coffee for this morning, so I had to make it.  I put too much in and thought it would be too strong.  It was one of the best cups of coffee I've had in a long time.  How awesome is that???

For foods that I eat regularly, I generally don't weigh, but this morning, I weighed both the sausage and the cheese - both were 1.1 oz.  Just what I wanted!

When I started to leave for work, I stopped for a minute to look at the trees.  This tree in particular is just beautiful with its colors - the picture doesn't do it justice - I do love the fall here!  Isn't it beautiful?!?!


My commute was also a breeze - it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.  Today, I made it in 20.  AWESOME!

Plus, while driving to work, I got to talk with my mother - handless of course.  Can this day get any better?!

I had an hour meeting that lasted 2.5 hours.  Even THAT didn't bother me.  I whispered across the table and asked a co-worker if she wanted to get lunch.  She said yes.  Wonderful!

Because the meeting ran long, the turkey was almost gone.  I moved it around to see if there was any meat left.  What do I find?  The sweetest, most tender piece of turkey loin!   Yeah ME!

Had meetings in the afternoon - a fellow working under me and my boss.  Both were happy when we parted! WOW!  Three in a row for the day!

Chatted with the funniest admin folks ever - we all know they run the place anyway!  They always make me laugh and I leave their offices in a better mood!  It's brutal, but oh so much fun!

Traffic was heavy on the way home, but I got to talk with my sister - again, handless - until I got home.  I do love my sister!

When I walked in the door - hubster was home!!  WOOHOOO!!!!

We hung out for a bit and then grabbed something to eat.  I had a bunless burger at the wing place along with a few wings and a salad.  Everything tasted great and hubster and I enjoyed catching up!

Now - hubster's snoring next to me while I'm writing my blog.

It was a good day!

Onward!


4 comments:

  1. glad you had such a stellar day! Appreciation is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Don't you love it when everything just seems to go the way it should?

    I love that photo of the tree. I need to start collecting pictures of fall foliage and hang them up in my office. It would make it so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day ... with everything going your way. I LOVE your tree picture... that is one thing I miss living here in Central California ... the season changes ... and the colors. When I lived in Michigan, Fall was my absolute favorite season.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.