Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quiet Day

Well...here I am...

...having a quiet day.

There's nothing exciting or pressing going on today and I'm quite thankful for that.  The last few weeks seemed to be non-stop tough.  I've got a lull for about  a month and then it's gonna speed up again - all the way through the spring.

With hubster gone, it's been quite easy to reflect, regroup, and stay on track.  When he's home, he likes to eat something different every day.  While I like to eat lots of different things, I can eat the same thing for days on end.  Being able to do that for the last several days has really helped to again reinforce my behavior and efforts.

There were some beautiful brussel sprouts at the grocery store yesterday, but alas, I passed them by.  But I feel like I've eaten them by proxy since I have the same type of stomach ache I get when I eat them.  My protein has been the same and I've just eaten a different brand of fresh green beans, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it - I think it might be diet soda.  I bought some diet soda, which I rarely drink and it might be culprit.  I'll leave it alone and try it again next week to see if I get the same result.  If so, that shit is done for and outta here.  I enjoy it every once in a while, but it's no skin if I don't have it.  I'm generally an unsweetened tea, water, and coffee girl.

I'm feeling a bit more settled and back into the swing of things - I hope it stays that way.  Unlike many folks, it's always been easier for me to focus and get to business in the 'ber' months.  Perhaps it's because there aren't as many distractions.

The scale was at 250.4 this morning.  I hit 249.2 on August 27 and haven't seen the 240s since.  I hope to break into them this week and then breeze down to the 230s in pretty short order.  Of course, that depends on me.  I'm trying hard not to think of where I would have been if I had stayed on track...if I hadn't had issues.  Instead I'm trying to look at it as this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.  As long as the lesson was learned, I'm good with it.

I've also been catching up on some blogs.  I seem to take something away when I read about the journey of others and it helps bolster me to see that others are on the same road and facing the same struggles.  I think they've really helped carry me over while I've been struggling.  So thanks all you blogger people!

Oh - how do you like the new blog pic at the top??

Onward!

10 comments:

  1. Me too on the "ber" months ... always my best time for losing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that I'm not alone. Seems lots of important personal things happened in the 'ber' months.

      Delete
  2. you are knocking on that 240's door! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just ready for the door to open!!

      Delete
  3. I love the leaves in your picture at the top of your blog. Are the trees yours?
    Just my opinion here but stop drinking that diet cola stuff now don't wait to find out if that was what is causing your stomach ache. Diet cola has so many negatives about it which you can read for yourself on the internet. In the long run I don't think they help with weight loss. I used to drink them a long time ago but I quit because of all the health problems they can cause.
    Could your stomach ache be caused by some kind of food allergy? The only true way to find those things out are by eliminating them and seeing how you feel.
    I can eat the same things at breakfast and lunch but I like a different healthy choice at dinner each night.
    Glad things are going well for you I just bet you get to the 240's this week I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - sadly the leaves aren't mine, but I wanted to change the pic. I'm thinking of putting our begonias up there because they're beautiful right now, but not very autumny.

      I used to be a big diet soda drinker and then stopped. I can indeed tell a difference when I drink it now.

      Delete
  4. Fall is my favorite time of the year due to the lovely colors. I also take something away from reading other blog such as yours. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alati!!! I'm glad you get something out of my ramblings!

      Delete
  5. The new pic is lovely. I wish I lived somewhere with an actual Fall season. Here we just get rain and mud (with the requisite pumpkins). It's very drab.

    My husband also likes something different every day while I could eat the same thing for a week. I've told him when our last child is out of the house, he's on his own for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie - We'd be perfect roommates!!! I don't need a bunch of variety at all.

      Delete

Leave your comments here.