Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thinking about snacks

Well...here I am...

...thinking about snacks.

It's been a very busy couple of days - Day long meetings yesterday and today.  I made sure I had an ample breakfast so it would last me through and past lunch if needed.

Breakfast lately has consisted of triple cream brie and soppressata with an almond on top.  It's weighed out to 1.5 oz of each plus the almond.  I'm having finger foods for breakfast, but I'm loving it!

But, yesterday I had too much coffee during the morning meeting and started feeling a little uneasy in the tummy.  I knew I needed something to eat, so during a break I went on the hunt.  I checked out the vending machine - nothing there that would even remotely fit the bill, plus have you seen how expensive vending machines are lately?!?!?!?!

I ended up in the admin's office - they have everything!  And just what do I see on the desk?  Green tea KitKats (from Japan) and some pretzels.  The KitKat package was too pretty to open, so that left the pretzels.  Now I just said that I don't like pretzels and I don't, but I gotta say they were the perfect thing - they were the fat stick kind.  I got a few and it was perfect - made my tummy feel better.  Better yet - I didn't want more!

I switched it over to tea today and that seemed to help a whole bunch.  Thank goodness the meetings are over.  The one good thing about them was that everyone was positive and looking at the positive side of everything.  It's something I need to do more - think more positively.

The scale is wobbly still but it's definitely on a slow downward trend - it seems I'm hovering around the 250-252 mark, which is down from the 252-254 mark.  Hubster is going out of town again on Friday, so I think it'll be easier to get to the 248-250 range and below!

I just came across this John Oliver video about sugar.  It's great!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MepXBJjsNxs

Lots going on with personal family stuff lately - some good, some stressful, but we'll get through it.

Onward!




5 comments:

  1. hope things get better soon, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I would have had to go for the green tea Kit Kats just because they are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for staying in control of the situation and not using it as an excuse to go off plan.

    As awful as it is to endure, slow & steady is the right way to keep the pounds off. You are headed in the right direction.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that caffeine belly ... I'm finally learning ... I have been packing a couple of pieces of bacon and a slice of cheese to eat when it hits. Now I can pass that damn doughnut box with out even drooling!

    What in the heck is a green tea Kit Kat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that you keep making mostly healthy choices even when times are tough or stressful! I agree with Lori, slow and steady is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.