Monday, November 17, 2014

Another Monday

Well...here I am...

...another Monday down.

Work issues seem to be relentless lately - I thought they would lighten up at the beginning of the new fiscal year, but they have not.  Oh well.

My blood pressure is not going down on the new meds.  In fact, it was higher today, but I'm not sure how much faith you can put in to those grocery store machines.

Finally, we had a fellow come out this evening to measure for a new patio door and to replace the soffets and rakeboard on the house.  The guy was here forever and it put me in a pissy mood.  I told him at the beginning that I wanted specific things and no more.  I also told him that I would not commit today as we were getting additional quotes - that doesn't seem to matter to salesman.  I know it's their job, but I was upfront about it all.

As far as food goes, it was a good day.  I had my handy dandy chocolate strawberry smoothie for breakfast - thought I'd give the cheese nuts, and sausage a break.  Lunch was an awesome salad with 5 ounces - not 8 ounces - of chicken measured out.  Along with olives and artichokes, it was an awesome salad.

On the way home from work today, I decided on tacos which meant we had to go to the store for a few things, like everything needed for tacos!  Hubster picked two kinds of tortillas, while I got some lettuce to use as the shell.  However, one of hubster's tortilla selections had 19 g carb with 13 g fiber!!!  I was impressed!  I had one with dinner - it was good, but I'll just stick with the lettuce leaf as the shell.  I measured out 3 oz of ground beef in a bowl for me and then had that much again for a total of 6 ounces.  I prepared the meat with just onions, cayenne, and chili powder.  I needed to add more stuff, but the fellow was here about the door, so I was a little distracted.

Because I ate the tortilla, my carbs for the day were 63 g - and that's total carbs - measured.  Net carbs would be 37 g since I had 26 g fiber.

Tomorrow is another shitstorm of a day at work and then another contractor after work.

My mother and my daughter get here on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to the start of these holidays!

Onward!

6 comments:

  1. Hope work settles down! Thanks for the dinner idea...tacos in a lettuce shell it is for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the tacos in the lettuce shell. The lettuce leaves were crisp, so the crunch was satisfying!

      Delete
  2. Love me some tacos! Taco salad on a bed of spinach with ground, seasoned turkey! Yum! So you are measuring and counting calories? That is sooo smart. I'm trying - its not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA - It's an odd thing I'm doing - I pick how much I want and THEN I weigh it. It's more for my awareness than anything else.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just hate when the salesman/estimator is pushy? When we were trying to get an awning put on the back of the house I actually had a jerk tell me that it is this price today ... and would not give me the price for tomorrow ... needless to say ... did not go with his company. So are you going low carb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feet - I've been "low carb" since the beginning, but I guess I don't couch it in those terms. I don't have any added sugar - and my carbs come from veggies above the ground - no white foods for me. I keep my fat high and try to get at least 30 g protein each meal.

      Delete

Leave your comments here.