Monday, November 3, 2014

Snickers...revisited

Well...here I am...

it's Snickers...revisited.

I really kicked Halloween's ass this year and successfully navigated all the candy traps and avoided ALL Halloween candy in all spaces and places.  Hell, I even bought pretzels instead of the usual candy for the kitties.

I was AWESOME!

So, I get to work today and a friend of mine comes down to see me.  As soon as I saw the full, rounded napkin, I knew something was up.  She walked up to me and said, "Hey darlin'", and puts this napkin on my desk.

The napkin opens up and THIS is what I see:


 Are you effing serious?!?!??!

I looked at Missy and said, "No Missy!!!  I can't eat these!"  She replied, "But you loved them!"  I said, "Yes, I do, but my ass doesn't like them at ALL!"  She said, "Awww bullshit, you can have one in the afternoon for a pick-me-up!"

She refused to take them back!!!  This woman is the size of, oh, I don't know, Heidi Klum, and just as sweet as the day is long!  She truly doesn't get the whole food issue thingie I have.  I dunno - out of all the folks I know, I *know* she didn't mean anything by it and only had good intentions.  Regardless of how much I weigh, she always tells me I look awesome.

Challenges come from all directions and with all intentions - it's amazing really.  I so wasn't expecting that at all so early on a Monday morning.  But I'm so glad that my strength and fortitude were in full gear.  Otherwise, it would have been difficult and I would have succumbed to the Snickers!

One thing I do know is that if I had eaten a Snickers, it would have been a struggle NOT to eat another one...and then another one.  Last week, I had a cookie and there was no problem at all stopping at one.

So what's the difference between the two?  Is it the texture?  the taste?  the timing?  I dunno.  While it wasn't a struggle at all to not eat the Snickers, I knew that if I did, the story would change.  Why was it easy to be objective about it?  I dunno.  I would be a rich woman if I did!

The rest of the day was nonstop and I ate lunch very late.  Lunch was a salad of chicken, feta, lettuce, and pepper with some greek vinaigrette.  Simple and tasty.  Dinner was interesting - hamburger, hot sausage, and mushrooms.  Somehow, we forgot to cook a vegetable!  Macros for the day are great!

That's about it for the day.  I'm still shaking my head about those Snickers!

Onward!
.

8 comments:

  1. Good job. I think I would've pushed her a little more, educating her, gently, saying 'look, I know you mean well, but I really CANNOT have these. I need you to either take them back, or I will throw them out or set them out in the main break area for others to take. Which would you prefer?"

    In any case, GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on NOT eating those snickers bars. I get angry at food pushers on so many levels! I agree with what Gwen said above. So what did you do with the candy through it out? Or give it away?
    What ever as long as you didn't eat it. Keep up the good work the season is just starting...stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I'm sorry, but that was a passive/aggressive move on her part - she's obviously seen you get smaller, and knows you're working on this, and yet shoves a bunch of candy bars at you? That's not cool, and not supportive at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! I would have struggled too. I am glad you overcame.

    As for the sweet friend, who knows? Maybe she really doesn't get it. It is so hard to know how to state your needs clearly to some people.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job knowing what you can trust yourself with and what would be too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are definitely people who have no idea how hard it is to just eat one and stop with some foods. I find with people like that that they better understand if you say you're all candied out (which to me means I'm not eating candy and to them means you've already eaten as much as you want). Whatever, so happy for you that you did NOT eat that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you are making so many positive changes in your life ...Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve to be be down 20 lbs for that! If I was the scale fairy, it would happen overnight as I reward. xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.