Sunday, November 2, 2014

Successful weekend/Progress

Well...here I am...

...I've had a successful weekend.

We made our weekly Costco run and got the usual.  They had the fudge demos there for the beginning of the holidays.  I put two packages of fudge - 2 pounds total - in our cart.  Hubster eyed it with suspicion.  I told him that it was for when the family visited at Thanksgiving  When we were ready to check out, we reviewed the items in the cart - the fudge was put back.  It was for the best.  While I think I could have handled it, there's no need to put unneeded obstacles in my way - there are plenty anyway!

For some reason, I didn't sleep well last night and was up when the time changed.  It ended up helping since I slept a bit late today.  Because I slept late, I only ate twice with a snack in between. 

Breakfast was a beautiful omelet - eggs, cheese, bacon, and mushroom - cooked in my cast iron skillet.  It was awesome.  I swear I think it cooks better than other types of skillets.  Dinner was chicken and beans and my snack was the brie, sopressatta, and almonds.  It was a perfect food day - the macros are the way I like and I'm satisfied.

I received an email last week from a company that would like for me to try their food and blog about it and to relate my experience with their program.  I've thought about it a lot and even replied with a few questions.  While it's a bit enticing and I feel a bit complimented about it, I don't think I'm going to participate - perhaps in the future, but not now.

When I started the DIP back in January, even though I didn't know how I was going to do it, I was determined to do it on my own - to figure this out for myself and me - to wade through all the bullshit.  I've tried plenty of programs in the past and nothing has been long term as I didn't learn how to deal with the emotions about food, with the various food situations, with the emotional food situations I found myself in...even when it wasn't a situation!!!

While I screw up all the time, I've truly learned a lot in the last 10 months and I've made tremendous strides and progress - and most importantly, I still have that determination today  It's not perfection, but it is progress - and that's really what it's all about.  The saying is "work in progress", not "work in perfection."

It's been slow going the last couple of months - extremely slow going.  But that's a big lesson as well.  The biggest thing I've learned is that I can do this even when the going gets rough - that I do have the fortitude to keep trudging along, that I can recover when I screw up, that I don't have to be perfect to be successful.  If I hadn't learned this, I could very well be 350 lbs right now - no shit.

So - for these reasons, I'm gonna stick with the DIP.  Progress is not just a number on the scale.

Onward!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky mama, way to go you on putting the fudge back. I have learned that not having in the house makes a big difference because it can't tempt you. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know every time I step on the scale and don't see what I want to see ... I remind myself what it could have been ... I think you are doing GREAT ... you are making life time adjustments ... I think you are doing awesome ... sure we would love to find the magic pill ... and have the weight magically disappear today ... but you are taking the meaningful steps to keep that weight off for ever! And a wise woman said "Progress not Perfection"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decision on the fudge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.