Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another good day

Well...here I am...

I've had another good day and I'm thankful for that.

It was a busy day.  I'm not feeling the greatest, but I was able to start tackling the paper monster and I've got 5 large trash bags of shredded paper to show for it!  I also started organizing the basement a bit for the big move.  I surely don't want to carry all this stuff across the country.

The food front was good.  I had more of a brunch than either breakfast or lunch, so that was fine.  My son finished a wintermester class today - talk about an intense online course - and wanted to get ribs since it's rib night.  So - we went out to dinner.

But it was all good - there was plenty opportunity to screw up around, but I wasn't tempted at all - no beer, no useless carbs, nothing.  What is it that makes me strong on one occasion without a second thought, but makes me crazy on another?  I wish I knew the answer!  In any event, I like the strong feeling - the feeling of being in control, of having a purpose.  Just FYI - I had a few wings, some ribs, and collard greens.  Yeah on me.

I've updated my graph to the left to show the good, the bad, and the ugly - full disclosure.

I'm gonna work on making tomorrow another good day too!

And by the way - thank you to each person who has posted the last few days.  The support means a lot and helps me bolster my resolve.  It was hard to come to grips and say out loud that I had failed - so again, thank you!

Onward!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on turning it around for today! That's all we can - our best for today! Ribs and wings...yum, yum, yum! I don't think you'd ever find collard greens on a typical Canadian menu...I love the South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is helpful to think of it as failing. This was a set back and not that bad a set back when you really look at it. (the days right around Christmas were outliers and to be expected). Setbacks aren't failures...they are simply part of life. Once you are in maintenance, for most people, there are setbacks. The important thing is how you handle it. It is really important to come to grips with them and then move on.

    Some people find it helpful to set like a redline and if there weight goes above that for even a day then immediately take action. I kind of like that idea (some extend that with a yellow line to kind of watch and be careful). Maybe something like that would help you during this super stressful time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best additional thing I can add is try to blog regularly. Weight loss bloggers who stop posting usually are starting to slip. That's what I've noticed over the past 5 years, anyhow.

    Glad you are getting stronger in your resolve again. YAY you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting back on track and feel better. Just keep swimming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you getting back on track! I agree with the others you didn't fail you just had a set back that happens to all of us at one time or another. I miss you when you don't blog so try to blog regularly. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are working your way back on track! I'm working on that myself. Baby steps and all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lady your on the right track! I see that you have dropped 8 lbs so far ... !!! That is great! You have lots and lots on your shoulders right now ... so the best thing you can do is put your health first ... so you can handle everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all fail and anyone that says differently is a liar. It's how we rebound after a 'stumble' that defines who we are!!! Kudo's to you for sucking it up and getting back on track! Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.