Sunday, January 25, 2015

First leg - MD to TN

Well...here I am...

We've completed the first leg of our move...going from Maryland to Tennessee.

We ended up packing for two days and loading for two days.  Let me tell you, those fellas worked their butts off.  We filled up a 53 foot truck and a 20 foot truck to the brim!  We have too much stuff!

Originally, we were going to leave early Saturday morning, but ended up leaving early Friday evening because of impending bad weather.  It's the first time in many years that either hubster or I had been up for 36 hours.  We were exhausted!

My feet aren't faring very well, so I'll be wearing compression socks for the rest of the trip.



It is quite uncomfortable to be honest.  Food is only okay.  I'm avoiding bread and sugar, but it seems almost unavoidable on the road.  I ended up with pork rinds and a small can of mixed nuts for the ride.  So far, so good.  I've either been trying to sleep or trying to keep hubster from falling asleep if he's driving.

I'm cooking at the in-laws tonight so I'm in control of the cooking...I think that's best all around.

Tomorrow...Kansas City, MO!

Onward!



7 comments:

  1. Amazing how you're making it work. Bravo for not throwing in the towel over circumstances. Put those feet up! Thinking of you as you transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LM, I'm exhausted just reading about it! Good luck and safe travels the rest of your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pork rinds and nuts are salty and will make the ankles/feet worse. Oh well, it's short-lived anyhow. Good luck on the rest of the trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the rest of your journey. I am proud of you for staying with your plan and not using this as an excuse to eat up!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a big and long move! Keep hydrated on the road, (even if it means extra pit-stops). Hope the rest of the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I love road trips! So many possibilities!!! Great job on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fav snacks on road trips are pita bread with hummus, spinach and refried beans :) Then lots of veggies!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.