Sunday, January 4, 2015

My mama

Well...here I am...

...thinking about my mama.

It's a very sad day for her.  On 1/4/2007, her husband unexpectedly passed away.  They had only been married for a little over 20 years - it seems they had finally married the person they were meant to be with, so those 20 years were really good years for both of them.

He was a man of mannerisms.  He always sat in the same chair, always maintained good posture, and always held his cigarette in his right hand with his thumb on his jawline.  I can still see the face he'd make when mama would do or say something funny/crazy - and she can say some crazy shit.  He'd screw up his face and say, "Now Bobbie!"  Mama - you know you do!!  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree though.  I'll take it - it's a good kind of crazy.

Mama's done a good job of moving forward, but she still misses him terribly.  She doesn't talk about him all the time, but all us younguns know she misses and thinks about him a lot.

So if you're reading this, send a good thought my mama's way.

RIP Jeff.

Love you mama!

Onward!

4 comments:

  1. My dad passed seven years ago and I know hoed it us for me so I know it's even worse for my mom. Sending positive vibes for all today. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Similar to my mom on my dad's anniversary. I always take the day off and take her to lunch and for some quality time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad passed away in February 2004, after a brief illness.It is still hard for all of us sometimes.
    My condolences to you and your mom.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending supportive thoughts to both you and your mama. It's so hard.

    Hugs to you both.

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.