Sunday, January 18, 2015

This last week

Well...here I am...

...this last week has been packed!  The movers are coming tomorrow and I think we're about ready.  I guess the thing about it is - we're gonna have to be ready regardless of whether we're ready or not!

We have not succeeded in emptying the freezer, but have gotten all the good stuff.  Funny thing is - the good stuff is all vegetables and meats from down home - vegetables from my dad's garden and bbq from my mother!  The not good stuff is all store bought stuff - we'll be donating it to the local area food bank - they actually take frozen foods.

There were several parties this week and I'm glad I got the first one out of the way first.  It was big and had a smorgasboard of everything.  I had too much sugar - funny how I justified it at the time.  But let me tell you something...it triggered a migraine that I don't ever want to have again!!!

They always affect the right side of my head, make me nauseated, and I don't even want to hear movement.  This made it much easier to not succumb to sugar temptation for the rest of the celebrations.  We've got two more this week and then we'll be on the road.  Avoiding sugar for the remainder of the parties and while we're on the road won't be difficult - that migraine scared the shit out of me and I'm positive it was from too much sugar.

One thing we've eaten this week that I've never had before is black bean spaghetti.  My son wanted it when he was home, but it was Costco-sized so there's plenty left over.  Anyway - it's dark and shaped liked spaghetti.  It's only got two ingredients - black beans and water.  The best part is that it's got 11 grams of fiber per serving - that's awesome.  While it doesn't taste like spaghetti, it's got a good texture and is one of the few semi-processed items that I will buy in the future.

Back to packing!

Onward!


8 comments:

  1. hummmm black bean spaghetti!!! I need to find this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black bean spaghetti...interesting! Moving is always an adventure. Oh my...thinking of you!
    Monitoring and acknowledging how the sugar affects you is a wonderful awareness, LM!
    Wishing you all the best through this move and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually HATE black beans. Don't know why. I don't really eat beans at all, because I just personally don't like the starch content. Beans are iffy in the paleo / primal world, I think. Some extoll, some don't. They are a good source of fiber and protein for sure, though. :)

    SO SORRY about the migraine, and yet not. If that's what it took to scare you off of sugar, it was a good thing, long term. ;)

    Good luck with the move, sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job of turning the migraine in to a 'positive!' Good luck with the move.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you in the move!

    When I was doing THM, they allowed the black bean spaghetti of which you speak as it is quite low in carbs, I think. I was never able to find it here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your move! I hope it all goes smooth.
    Migraines suck and they are scary too haven't had one
    in a long while don't want another one EVER. Never
    heard of black bean spaghetti sounds interesting though..
    Good you know what triggered your migraine now just
    stay clear of your trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the move goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the trip!!! I love to drive cross country! Hope its uneventful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.