Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hanging in there

Well...here I am...

...Hanging in there.

I really appreciated the comments of my other blogger buddies.  Funny how all that works.  I didn't want to post because I didn't want to admit/let folks know that I had crashed and burned because I wanted to be an example and I didn't want to be judged and on and on.  What do I find when I do fess up?  Nothing but support - and I appreciate it more than you know.  It makes it easier in a way.

Gotta say though - my first thought tonight was to not post, but writing has been an awesome vehicle for me to CTFO about my efforts.  Interestingly enough, I don't like talking about it with folks - not friends, not family, not anyone really.  But writing and interacting here is a positive thing.

While it does seem counter-productive, and maybe it is, hubster and I went out for dinner tonight.  It's been a taxing week.  Hell - every week is taxing.

Anyway - I did good at dinner.  Steak, salad, and veggies.  I started to order a beer, but then I realized it wasn't something I needed to do.  So I ordered tea instead.  And I was just fine - no angst or anything about it at all.  I also left off the bread and potato as well.  The steak wasn't all that good, so I brought half of it home.

I've been thinking a lot about the last few months.  I had been struggling for a while and then we add all the stress of the move - even though it was a positive move.  A lot of upset in the normal routine and then developing a new routine that's a lot different than before.  I've not slept well.  I've had a few injuries/illnesses - more on that later.  All of this along with the new job - I guess I was just overwhelmed and lost the internal focus on myself. 

The bad thing is that it wasn't too difficult to fall off the wagon.  There's got to be some meaning there - something to learn - but at this point I don't know what it is.

Diva recommended The Diet Fix.  I downloaded it several months ago when I first heard about it, but never read it.  I will start tonight.  I'll be interested in what the author says.  I know Gwen recently read the book and seems to be a fan.  Both are people, among others, whose diet advice I'd take.  They've both shown their "realness" and I appreciate it.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Onward!


6 comments:

  1. I'm reading, and got no chance tonight because of an extra long eye exam...I'm about 1/3 through it. Really liking it, though. Realizing that because I was impressed with some people's diets, I took their 'truisms' as my own, and perhaps they really shouldn't have been. Dur. It's a process, for sure! :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have experienced the same sort of support. This is a great community.

    Just remember that while we can gain insight from others their journey is different from ours. Everyone is unique. Just because something works for one person doesn't mean that if it doesn't work for you that you are a failure. It just isn't for you. Keep searching until you find what works for you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that wagon drove by my house! Beer and pizza last night for me. I have been doing just Gawd awful!!! We are going to the beach today and I needed a book for the day. I will download the diet fix... maybe we can try it together. (((((( hugs)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the grocery store tonight and saw a lady standing in the middle of the aisle reading a copy of this! Maybe checking to see what foods she needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think there is going to be SO much to discuss after you read his book. Just know, it's not black and white. Sometimes I think he contradicts himself but when I think further about it, I realize he's not.

    I cried reading his book because he described me and my experience so many times. It felt like someone finally validated exactly how I felt.

    Good choices today - no potato, no bread! One good choice leads to another, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.