Friday, June 5, 2015

And I did it again

Well...here I am...

...and I did it again.

Yep - that's right, I got up before the crack o'dawn and walked.  It was a bit tougher today - it took 3 slaps on the snooze alarm before I got up, but I did.  That extra 10 minutes was good for the sleeping, but tough for getting there on time.  I really had to hoof it to get ready and get out the door.

We walked to the next post today, so just a little further, but we walked a little faster and got back a few minutes earlier than yesterday.  I still didn't like it.

I'm looking for and trying to internalize the positive aspects of this walking at the crack of dawn thing.  So along with getting this *THING* done before 6:30 in the morning, I'm getting an awesome parking spot, so there is a plus to that.  As well, by the time 8 am rolled around, I'd been up for hours and had gotten lots of work done.

The good thing about all of this - I don't have to get up way before the crack of dawn again until Monday.  I know I shouldn't look at it like this, but I do and I'm working on it!

Food today wasn't good.  There was an event at work and a buffet lunch was served.  I hadn't taken my lunch, so the buffet it was.  I've avoided buffets for years because I've never handled them well - like a pig to a trough.  It was a bbq pork sandwich with beans, cole slaw, and salad.  While the food wasn't the most nutritious, I also took too much of it.  Not good.  Then I swiped a mini Snickers mid-afternoon.  It's interesting because I feel my behavior at lunch was much worse than my behavior about the Snickers.  I did stop at one with the Snickers and I did savor the taste - I think that's okay.

So, hubster was out for a work dinner tonight and asked if I wanted to join them, but I declined and came home.  When I thought about dinner, my thoughts strayed to all sorts of things and I considered a lot of options...all of them bad.

And why did I consider them???? Because I was actually saying to myself, "Well - you've already screwed the day up.  Might as well go ahead."  I caught myself before I tossed in the towel and ate trashy stuff.  I wonder how often I've done that without realizing it?  I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that.

There's painter's tarp all over the house - folks are here painting.  They'll paint the dining room tomorrow - it's a beautiful red.  We've painted the ceiling a light yellow to remove the starkness of the red/white combo and to remove the Christmas feel.  I'm excited.  I've not posted about all the house renovation/remodeling we're doing, but we're making good progress and the house is looking mahvelous!

Onward!



6 comments:

  1. Great job on the walk! I would like to see pics of your dining room when its finished. The yellow ceiling sounds interesting.

    I too have been pondering early morning workouts. I will sometimes then I will just roll over and hit the snooze button. It's a hard habit to start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! The more you get up and walk, the more you'll WANT to get up and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't have time for workouts and still want to lose weight, you can try Garcinia Cambogia Extract! I lose weight and so happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops I see you get spammed also ... danged spammers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, then I"m doing it too! Walking this afternoon. Now that I have finished work until the next school year, I have zero excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am proud of you for walking. Maybe it will become a habit soon and won't seem like so much of a chore.

    Post some pics of the home redo. My dining room is red too!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.