Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I did it

Well...here I am...

...I did it.

I got my ass up at 4:20 am this morning after 2 snooze alarms and got to work in time to start walking at 6 am with two women at work.

Just let me be clear about it.  I DID NOT ENJOY GETTING UP EVEN EARLIER.

At all.

However, I enjoy the two women I walked with quite a bit.  They're quite intelligent, but very down to earth and funny.

We didn't walk for distance, but rather walked for time.  In this instance, it was 30 minutes.  We'll probably keep this time for a bit and just try to walk faster as time goes on and then extend the time, but there is only so much time and I do not plan to get up any earlier!  Period!  I do think I have somewhat of a chance of continuing - else I'm sure they'll make fun of me if I don't and I expect it would be brutal!  At this point, I'll take whatever reinforcement - perceived or real - I can get!  Besides, can't let the new friends down on such a positive activity.

The walk itself was fun.  We talked and laughed and just had a good time.

There were a couple of benefits.  After the walk, I realized my commitment was DONE for the day and it was only 6:30 am.  The second was that I was already at work and ready to go.  The third was that I did enjoy it - the weather was cool, the surroundings were pretty to look at, and I did a lot of laughing.  So all in all, it was a good thing.

Of course, this will all go to hell when the alarm goes off at 4 am tomorrow morning, but I will get up anyway.

I was thinking about it on the way home tonight and I'm gonna try to be realistic about this walking at the crack of dawn stuff.  First, I'll have to get up an hour earlier and only for four days a week - and only on the days I work.  I don't have to do this on my days off and I'm not going to commit to doing it on my days off.  Second, I will walk when at least one of them walks, but I'm not going to go to work early to walk alone - I don't love it like that at all.

So while walking for half an hour isn't earth-shattering by any stretch, it was a positive "thing" for me and I'm proud of myself for following through - particularly since I don't have a stellar exercise record.  I hope I continue.

Onward!


7 comments:

  1. This is a big deal! I can't even imagine getting up any earlier. But I'e often thought about it--especially on the weekends--getting out there and getting it done early. I bet you felt amazing doing this!!
    "I don't love it like that at all." You brought a smile to my face.
    I'm proud of you, too. Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I am up at 4 on the regular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I don't think I could get up at 4:00 am to walk. It is a good discipline no matter what.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way in hell I would do this. I enjoy that sleep time too much. I prefer after work. THAT took some getting used to, but now it's just part of who I am. But you work what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I don't think I could get up that early every day...impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... that is impressive!!! And new friends too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never do that (I'm a night owl), but it is great that you were able to do it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.