Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Killer toof

Well...here I am...

....I had a killer toof.

I was in terrible pain from a tooth this past weekend and ended up with an emergency dental appointment on Sunday.  CT showed an abscess and that I needed a root canal.  However, a good chunk of the tooth had become sclerotic and made it very difficult for the first dentist to even find the roots.

A second dentist came in and FOUR HOURS LATER, I had a completed root canal.  The pain from the abscess went away pretty quickly, but then I felt like I'd been hit in the mouth with a hammer.

The first dentist had assured me the pain medicine he was giving me wouldn't bother me.  Well...he was wrong...VERY wrong. During the sick days, it seems I became quite sensitive to a large variety of pain meds and that sensitivity hasn't waned.

They made me sick to my stomach until it was almost all out of my system and triggered a migraine.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  I stayed home from work again today and I just now feel like I'm coming around.  I can't chew on that side of my mouth - it's still worryingly sensitive, but it was a pretty rigorous experience for that side of my mouth, so I'll give it a few days.

I've not done anything else at all except this.  I'll be back to work tomorrow though and then off on travel on Thursday - not a good week for all this to happen.

I hope to be be back to my regularly scheduled programming soon.

Onward!

5 comments:

  1. you poor thing! :( :( I hope the worse is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so sorry. I've had a couple of root canals. They are usually better in about 48 hours. I hope you are better very soon.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry this is happening to you. Dental pain is just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dental work is awful - so sorry you're going through it, and hope you heal up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heavens! Not a fun experience! But the 'toof' from hell had been fixed! That's the good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.