Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Self-created frustration

Well...here I am...

...thinking about self-created frustration.

So the day started off well.  The scale was down 3.4 lbs from last Tuesday - not quite a week.  I don't know that the week was particularly good, but I tried.  Still a lot of things in the way.

Breakfast was half and half in my coffee, one scrambled egg, and three thin slices of bacon.  Reasonable.

I also packed a chia seed-type snack and a bunch of strawberries for work.  I had them throughout the day.

Lunch was an awesome salad - grilled chicken, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, asparagus, radishes...and that was it.

Good day...

Well....I had to pick up a prescription after work, so off I went.  While waiting, I decided to take my blood pressure on those stupid machines they have there.  Yup - blood pressure is still high.

What else did this stupid machine have?

It could also weigh me.

So what the hell did I do?

I weighed.

BIG mistake.

The scale was up 6 pounds from this morning.  It knocked me for a loop and really dampened the success I had up until that point in the day.

And the thing is - it shouldn't have at all.  NOT AT ALL.  First of all, it wasn't the same scale.  Secondly, thirdly, fourthly, etc....it was 14 hours from when I weighed in the morning, I had eaten throughout the entire day, I was retaining water, I was fully clothed.  Hell, I was even wearing my shoes!!!  I know better than to even compare different scale.

It took me a little bit to recoup from the number on the scale.  And while I did recoup, it still left a little nagging, little bit of something - still a sense of failure.

We still had more things to do in town and hubster and I were tired.  We got hung up at one store.  We thought we'd be in and out in no time, but it ended up taking much longer than we anticipated.

On the way home...you guessed it...we picked up dinner.  Quick Mexican food - burritos and tacos.  I tore off all the extra tortilla I could, but it was not an ideal dinner.  I had an extra crispy taco, but I was full, so I told hubster it was his.

It wasn't a perfect day and while it wasn't a complete disaster, it could have been better.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Onward!


2 comments:

  1. I weigh on those things at the store too for a lark. I don't put much stock in them at all because of all the reasons you stated. Once I weighed 35 pounds less than my home scales!! Then, I realized I'd failed to put my feet on the bar. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

    Good for you for not letting one little thing, blow your whole plan. Keep taking those baby steps forward and you'll be fine.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the 3.4 pounds down. And boo on the other scale ...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.