Sunday, February 21, 2016

...and it continues

Well...here I am...

...and it continues.

The scale is static.  I wish I could say there was some reason other than my own responsibility and actions that cause those little numbers to stay the same.  I'm holding steady at 287.4

But it's all my fault.  I do well enough to not gain any weight, but I'm not doing enough to lose any weight.

Fully half of my meals were eaten out this week - and most of them were not what they needed to be.  Even if they were, that's too much eating out.  I start with good intentions, but then the day gets away from me and by the end of it, I get an "aww screw it" attitude or else I'm exhausted and just don't have the mental wherewithal to stay on top of it.

I'm thankful that I'm at least maintaining - but I've got to get more *something* in order to get a move on.

I/We need to stop eating out so much - I think that's half the battle really.  The going out to eat scenario is as follows: Breakfast is bacon/sausage from the cafeteria; lunch is either a salad or a low-carb something in the cafeteria.  Monday dinner is at home, Tuesday is a standing dinner date with a friend of mine, Wednesdays are home, then Thursday through Saturday are often out because it's either the end of the week and we're tired, we're out on errands and decide to grab something, or we're just too damn lazy to cook.  Sundays are almost always home because we're getting ready for the week.

This past Monday, I made salads for lunch and prepared some greek yogurt with strawberries and slivered almonds.  Turns out the almonds were rancid, it tasted terrible, and my good idea was down the drain.  I don't know why in the world I didn't come up with a Plan B....Oh...I dunno...add pecans instead.  The rancid almonds were an excuse in the end.

Similar with the salad.  It was an awesome salad - all good stuff like lettuce, olives, carrots, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, carrots, chicken, and goat cheese.  I've always loved that salad.  I did it for one day.  On Monday night, I was tired and by the time I thought about making a salad for Tuesday, I just blew it off.  I shouldn't have, but I did.

What is the thing I need to do to not blow it off?

Interestingly, when I stop and think of my favorite meal of the week, it's the one that was the healthiest.  Hubster and I were out one night and I really just wanted to go home, but we stopped at a local steak restaurant.  I ordered plain grilled salmon and double veggies.  It was so good and really does put all the other crappy food to shame.  So why am I screwing up?  In that instance, it was the beer I ordered along with the meal that kept it from being a supreme sort of meal.

And...do I really need to have a favorite meal?  That somehow seems wrong.

I have salads made for tomorrow's lunch.  My goal is to make them for lunch on Tuesday as well.  I'm also gonna try and have 5 of the 7 dinner meals at home as well.

I'm trying to figure out this food disorder in my head.  I'll keep trying.

Onward!

3 comments:

  1. Eating out is just too easy to do. It's been a struggle for me for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have figured out the problem.....now just to put a plan into affect...and it sounds like you've got that going!

    Yay for the maintain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mental part, the emotional part, the physical part...its all got to add up, right? Keep trying, you will get the planets aligned again! If you never quit, you cannot fail!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.