Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Status Quo

Well...here I am...

...maintaining status quo.

I've lost exactly nothing since my visit to the doctor.  The scale goes down 2, up 3, down 1...and I end up just where I started.

However, I am starting to understand that my "struggle times" come when I haven't prepared and I get stressed and busy.  This is the very thing that's happened the last 10 days.

Work has been intense and I've had some long, long days.  As well, there have been a lot of restaurant meals due to work-related meetings, etc. 

I also tend to drink more alcohol.  After one 14-hr day, we were at a restaurant with some work folks and I was exhausted!  A cold beer was easy to order!

Then I get a little bit of rest, a little time to regroup, and things are fine for a few days. 

Wash, rinse, repeat.

There are a lot of family things coming up - my mother-in-law's 80th birthday, my dad's 80's birthday, and what's turned out to be our annual trip to Vienna.  I would like to be a little bit lighter at each of these events.  Particularly Vienna.  We do a shit ton of walking and it's much, much easier on the old knees and feet with less weight.

So - I'm struggling and I don't have the answers at the moment, but I start each day fresh - some days are just better than others.

I will not give up and I will not give in.  Period.

Onward!

5 comments:

  1. Well, I am right there with you. In a funk. But not ready to give up, either! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are better than others to be sure. Take those and enjoy them.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight loss is hard. Life is hard, too. I have two pieces of advice for both:

    1. Start each day fresh - some days are just better than others. Don't give up and don't give in. Period. (Uh-hmm, this advice may sound familiar to you.)

    2. Keep looking for those answers...and accept them when you find them.

    Hugs,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.