Monday, May 9, 2016

Trainer meeting

Well...here I am...

...I had a trainer meeting this evening.

Yesterday, I made plans to meet with the trainer at my house - no commitments, just a chat.  As luck would have it, I was late leaving work, but still in enough time to get home.  When I got home, the contractor was here working late on the laundry room, the dogs were barking up a storm, the oldest dog had an accident, and I had forgotten that I had moved furniture into the exercise room.

I quickly took the dogs out, used the bathroom, unlocked the door to the exercise room since it opens from the outside, and started back upstairs when the doorbell rang.

Instead of coming through the house, we entered through the outside door and just chatted for about 45 minutes.

He liked all the equipment I have.  He wants me to add a ball and some exercise bands.  I thought that was odd since I have lots of machine weights, free weights, and medicine balls along with an elliptical.  Oh well - he's the trainer.  He offered to get them and just let me reimburse him.  That works for me.

We had a back and forth discussion about my history, my motivation, my goals.  He also talked about his philosophy.  In short, we seem to be in sync with each other about fitness beliefs and diet.  He was all up in the high fat, moderate protein, no added sugar way of eating.

We've agreed to meet twice per week - Mondays and Fridays.  Mondays after work at my house and Friday mornings at his private gym.  He said the sessions are intense and heavy and that 35 minutes was enough, but that the total would be about an hour.  Outside of those sessions, he wants me to get my heart rate up on two other occasions during the week for an extended period.

I tried to explain to him the depth of my procrastination, the lengths I'll go to drag ass, how adept I am at "planning", the excuses I can come up with.  He basically just glossed over it and paid no mind to me.

Good on him.

Let's see how this goes.  Today was step one.  Friday is another step.  One foot in front of the other.

Onward!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! Huge step in the direction of change and progress! I can't wait to hear how these sessions go!!! And to see the results in your fitness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! No, GREAT on you. You have so got this. Like Mary Fran, I can't wait to hear about how much healthier you get.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.