Wednesday, September 7, 2016

9/7/2016

Well...here I am...

Things are moving along.

I joined WW with a friend of mine on 8/26 - the day before my 55th birthday.  My thinking is that I'm quite the volume eater, so perhaps I would still eat what I eat - basically LCHF - but that via WW, I would be able to get the volume of food under control.

The first week's weigh-in had me down 8.4 lbs.  Good for me.

I still get frustrated with it - the two meeting leaders I've experienced so far are not very inspirational and relayed some flat-out stupid and wrong information.  The comment was that water was good for you because it had oxygen - as in oxygen gas - as in it converted to breathable oxygen when you drank it.  As a chemist, this sends me over the moon and I just want to scream and run away with my arms flailing in the air.

My friend, of course, understands this.  She listened to me rant after the meeting and then said we had to sit through the meeting for accountability.  She has a point.  I told hubster I wanted to behave and get the weight off so I wouldn't have to listen to those insufferable women.  I'll take the motivation - in whatever form it presents itself.

Having said that, I must say that while I've never been a points - of any kind - fan, this new system does seem to be moving in the right direction by actually pushing you in to making good food choices and penalizing poor food choices.  It has indeed made me think about the food choices - something I never did on any of the old points programs.  It's also helping me keep check on the amount of food.  I still don't agree with the endless fruit though.

I've also been moving more.  My friend has joined me on the Friday morning strength training (right after the WW meeting) and it kicks my ass - but in a good way.  She and I have also been walking together more often to ensure we - me - gets the 10K steps.  She loves the walking; me - not so much.  However, I am doing it which is the thing that counts. 

I feel like I'm making progress because I'm making good choices more often.  I don't mind it so much when I have to walk a little more.  I've even *chosen* to walk a little more a few times.

I'm doing better with the move to more water.  I've always been a big drinker of anything - coffee, soda, tea, water.  My fluid intake has always been sufficient in volume - I just want to move it to more water and less other stuff.  I still have the coffee in morning, but I've made a concerted effort to have water the rest of the time - most of the time.

Long-term success is a constant concern, but at the moment I can't do anything about it - I can only worry about RIGHT NOW.  That is a tough lesson to learn.

Onward!

7 comments:

  1. I know I have had to bite my tongue and blink furiously to avoid screaming and eye rolling at some of the asinine things WW leaders have said in the past.....but like you say - it's more for accountability than their knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and congrats on an awesome first week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely quite curious about Weight Watchers. I was a member of TOPS but moved away so I had to drop out. Please do share your experience with WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. weight watchers used to work wonders for me when it was calories/fat and fiber but I have heard some good things about the new program. Glad it is working for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shedding weight is one of the most difficult jobs on this world. It takes youreverything, but trust me if everything goes well results are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.