Friday, March 31, 2017

3/31/17 - In the game

Well...here I am...

hopeful that I've made it back to the space in my head I need to be.

Like many others, I've done good and I've done bad relative to weight loss.

When your head's in the game, your resolve is almost invincible - nothing will get in your way to your goal.  But then, something happens, imperceptibly it seems, and your head's not in the game any more. 

That's what happened with me.  I did so well for so long and then, little slips here, little slips there, LIFE...and all of a sudden, I look around and I wasn't in the game any more and I couldn't even get back to bat.

It's taken me a long time to get my shit together - stops and starts, lots of tears and frustration.  But I never gave up.  I worked every day to get it together, longed for my head to be in the game and wondered why I couldn't get my ducks in a row.

Lots of things contributed to it - work, stress, all the usual life things that happen to everyone.  The biggest thing though was that something else...everything else...became more important than me.  I stopped putting myself first.  I quit taking the time to take care of me.

I've always considered myself to be low maintenance and that may be so, but I've got to maintain a higher level of maintenance for myself than before. 

Lots of things have changed for me - good and bad.  A promotion to an even more stressful job; a heart issue - nothing too traumatic or life-threatening - premature ventricular contractions; neck and spinal issues; recurrent shingles, and weight gain.

Each of them alone are manageable, but it's a pain dealing with all of them at the same time.  Getting this weight off will help a lot and will probably help alleviate many of the other problems!

Again, I've finally gotten rid of all added sugars.  High fat (70%), moderate protein (25%), and low carb (5%).  That means lots of good fat, fish, chicken, some red meat, and vegetables.  I'm tracking my food on fatsecret after I eat.  Trying to change the habits and adjust in a meaningful way.  I'm also trying to get more sleep.

I'm not looking to prove anything, I'm just looking to be healthy.  It's not a contest, it's my life.  And it is indeed up to me.

Onward!

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to lose the focus and flounder. I never stopped wanting to lose weight and be healthy....but translating that to actually doing and being in the right head space to do it has been the problem!!!! You sound like your in a good place for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Shingles are the absolute worst! Isn't it funny how we women put so much "on our plate" that we don't have energy to focus on what is really on our plate? Good for you for getting back on the horse!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here.